Increase Student Literacy With Timely Teaching Tools
The Literacy Toolbox Professional Program is designed for all K-12 educators who want practical instructional tools to improve student literacy. This series introduces new teachers to literacy tools and develops their instructional skills. K-12 educators explore a number of ways that literacy tools can be used. It also gives veteran teachers an opportunity to re-examine and/or diversify the literacy tools they currently use.
Who Should Attend
These courses are designed for Grade K-12 teachers that want to develop strategies to significantly improve the literacy skills of their students.
Enroll in an individual course, or successfully complete a combination of twelve (12) units within the program for professional distinction noted on your transcript. At the time of check-out, add the Professional Program Distinction Enrollment $0.00 (at no cost). This needs to be applied one time only to be entered into the program.
You can expect the following from the Independent Study Self-Paced course in this series:
- You can independently work on course work, completing course within nine months from enrollment
- You will read articles and watch videos, and interact with resources provided within the course
- Instructor is available by email
- Completed assignments are submitted upon completion of the entire course, and then evaluated by assigned instructor
- Instructor provide provides feedback to your submitted work. Final grade is issued and posted to your record for transcript.
- Assess current literacy tools and concepts used in the classroom
- Utilize a wide range of literacy tools as adult learners
- Examine curriculum and lesson plans that use literacy tools
- Review educational research on literacy tools
- Plan lessons and instructional units using a number of literacy tools
See each course for materials needed.