Be a Changemaker! Move From Teacher to Teacher Leader.
Take an individual course or work toward earning a certificate with multiple courses!
Teacher leadership is a growing field in education that allows teachers to become effective collaborators in the future of their school and/or district. This certificate program provides teachers with new leadership skills needed with today's educational issues, laws and programs, allowing for the transition into the role of "Teacher Leader" on campus. "Teacher Leaders" are teachers who are assigned special duties or take on leadership roles on the school campus building experience for careers as administrators. Training in this certificate program would also prepare teachers in California to take the California Preliminary Administrative Credential Exam (CPACE).
Who Should Attend
K-12 teachers interested in pursuing an administrative credential or wanting to increase their leadership role at their schools or districts. If you are a teacher in California, these courses provide preparation to take the California Preliminary Administrative Credential Exam (CPACE). Though the courses use a text based on California law for its comprehensive view, teachers from across the country and even other countries participate in this program. Discussion of other states' and countries' laws becomes part of the learning experience, and students begin approaching the law from an administrator’s point of view.
Schedule & Fees
|Course #||Courses (10 units)||Duration||SP||SU||FA||Fee|
|EDU-X772I||Preparing for School Leadership
|EDU-X773I||Program Evaluation and Improvement
|EDU-X774I||Student Discipline, Intervention & Support
|EDU-X776I||Understanding and Managing Resources (2 units)||7 weeks||OFD||OFD||OFD||$445|
|One Time Certificate Fee||$45|
|Total Certificate Cost (5 courses)||$2,270|
|C = Classroom; OFD = Online Fixed-Date; OSP = Online Self-Paced; IS = Independent Study Self-Paced *Schedule and fees subject to change|
Complete the requirements below to earn a professional Teacher Leader Certificate. The certificate can be completed in as few as three semesters. Read Certificate Benefits and Policy.
- Complete 5 core courses (10 units)
Enroll in individual courses of your choice, and start in any semester to earn graduate level extension credits. Each course is seven weeks long and is offered each semester.
- Understand the topics covered in an administrative program
- Familiarize yourself with the resources and tools available to assist you in effective program analysis and school accreditation
- Enhance and apply your knowledge about disciplinary issues using real world scenarios
- Gain practical and legal knowledge regarding staff evaluations and instructional coaching to improve the learning environment
- Apply decision making skills with the use of case studies
- Effectively communicate a clear vision and goals
- Understand the legal liabilities and requirements concerning fiscal and human resource management