Become a Leader of Change for Your Organization’s Performance Improvements
Lean and Six Sigma programs prepare individuals in the area of Quality and Process Improvement. USD offers several program tracks in focused, hands-on learning opportunities. Students can take an individual Six Sigma track as standalone or combine tracks to achieve a Certificate in Lean Six Sigma. USD’s program offers:
- Curriculum based on the American Society for Quality (ASQ)
“Body of Knowledge”
- Faculty with extensive industry experience in biotech, health care, defense, finance and traditional manufacturing institutions
- A certificate from the University of San Diego validating expertise for the Lean Six Sigma – Black Belt and Master Black Belt tracks
- Real-life project applications incorporated into the curriculum
- Completion in less than 5 months: designed for busy working professionals with classes 1 – 3 nights per week (depending on which program)
- All classes are hosted in the evening from 5:30 pm – 9:30 pm to not interfere with professionals busy work schedule
- Courses meet only 1-3 nights per week with a two-week break between weekly modules to ensure enough time to successfully work on projects
Get started and register today!
What Students Are Saying
Why enroll in a certificate program?
- Implement Lean tools and techniques that will improve the efficiency of the organization
- Discribe the philosophies and principles needed to successfully complete projects on time
- Demonstrate team leadership skills and recognize all aspects of the DMAIC model
- Apply quality and improvement to advance efficiencies in your organization
Who Should Attend
Individuals responsible for managing or participating significantly in business process improvements in manufacturing or design including managers, professional staff, and hands-on line staff in operations, systems, finance, and business administration will gain in-depth knowledge and understand that develops a new skill set that supports a career change and promotional opportunities.
Organizations looking to groom engineers, managers, and team leaders into project managers and leaders that are methodical problem solvers and change agents will find USD’s programs ideal.
Leonard Perry, Ph.D. Arizona State University, has research interests in the area of system improvement via quality improvement methods especially in the area of applied statistics, statistical process control, and design of experiments. Dr. Perry consults, instructs, and collaborates on quality improvement projects with representatives from biotech, health care, defense, and traditional manufacturing institutions. He has been an instructor for the Six Sigma Black belt training at the Six Sigma Institute for three years. He is a UCSD Certified Six-Sigma Master Black-Belt and an ASQ Certified Quality Engineer, and Coordinator and Associate Professor Industrial and Systems Engineering.
Bradley Chase, Ph.D. University of Louisville, directs the Ergonomics Laboratory at USD and has an appointment as a Research Scientist at the Naval Health Research Center in San Diego. He is an active consultant in the area of Performance Improvement. He has consulted on projects with Active Input Solutions, SAIC, and Consolo Systems - a local software startup. His research has been supported by the Army Research Institute, Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), U.S. Navy, and the American Society for Engineering Education.
Instructional tracks include Lean and Sig Sigma curriculum based on the American Society for Quality (ASQ) “Body of Knowledge” to Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control.
A detailed schedule each semester facilitates student studies in a manageable and organized method to ensure skill development while continuing to work full time. The schedule is typically held in the evenings, 5:30pm – 9:30 PM on the beautiful University of San Diego campus. The number of classes will depend on the track selected and range from 6 to 27 instructional classes. The full certificate program can be completed in 4 months.
- Lean Improvement Methods: dramatically improve your organization removing non-value added activities
- Six Sigma – Green Belt: complete a project using the fundamentals of the DMAIC model, includes real-life project
- Six Sigma – Health Care Green Belt: introduce process improvement techniques to your health care organization using the six sigma "DMAIC" methodology
- Six Sigma – Black Belt Certificate: successfully launch, transition and complete a project with advanced leadership skills, includes real-life project
- Design for Six Sigma
- Six Sigma – Master Black Belt Certificate: become a leader within your organization with the highest level of expertise and knowledge of current industry practices
A bachelor’s degree and 3 – 5 years of work experience is recommended.
To access student services click here