Foster Growth and Achievement in Science and Technology with Your Students
This series of courses explores the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS), which is a nation-wide push for higher standards in the sciences and mathematics after a decline in the United States' global rankings of students. The NGSS provide educators with a framework for developing scientific curriculum that prepares students for innovation to assist in propelling America into the foreground of global scientific and technological competition. Learn how to prepare your students to be future ready by putting the new standards to work in your classroom!
The Next Generation Science Standards Series is comprised of courses for educators at all grade levels. Begin with the Introduction and Unpacking courses, follow that with the corresponding Unit and Lesson Design course for the grade level you are teaching.
Who Should Attend
K-12 educators working in states/districts that are converting to the Next Generation Science Standards, or any teacher that would like to learn more on the NGSS. STEM/STEAM teachers, administrators, staff development trainers will find these courses valuable.
Enroll in one or more courses in this series.
You can expect the following from Online Self-Paced courses:
- You can go online when convenient, completing course within six months from enrollment
- As long as you have access to the Internet (and any text book requirements stated, if applicable), you can complete assignments
- You'll read articles and watch videos, and interact with resources provided within the course
- Completed assignments are submitted and then evaluated by assigned instructor
- Instructor interaction and feedback are provided between assignments
- Understand the rationale for the NGSS and decide what you will incorporate into your teaching
- Know what the science standards are for your grade level
- Evaluate which curriculum maps and lesson plans fit your school design, curriculum and teaching style
- Create curriculum maps meet the NGSS
- Create lesson plans that enable students to master the NGSS
- Identify connections to Common Core Mathematics and English Language Arts through the implementation of the NGSS