Build a Positive Environment in the Classroom - A Fully Online Program
Take an individual course or work toward earning a certificate with multiple courses!
Good classroom management is necessary to have an effective learning environment for ALL students. Make the classroom a place where both you and your students can focus on educational goals and be successful! Students will become engaged through intrinsic motivation and learn to encourage positive intrapersonal and interpersonal relationships at school, home and within the community. The Effective Classroom Management Solutions Certificate helps new teachers develop a classroom management approach and offers experienced teachers opportunities to improve their existing practices.
Who Should Attend
K-12 teachers interested in learning how to improve on their current classroom management plan and implement positive change to promote student learning.
Schedule & Fees
|Course #||Courses (11 units)||Duration||SP||SU||FA||Fee|
|EDU-X776||Classroom Management (2 units)||up to 6 months||OSP||OSP||OSP||$307|
|EDU-X702A||Teaching Positive Social Skills to Students (3 units)||up to 6 months||OSP||OSP||OSP||$489|
|EDU-X700A||Teaching Methods for Diverse Learners (3 units)||up to 6 months||OSP||OSP||OSP||$489|
|EDU-X796 or EDU-X797 or EDU-X735R||Maximizing Student Achievement through Classroom Management (Elementary or Secondary) or Introduction to Restorative Practices (3 units/each)||up to 6 months||OSP||OSP||OSP||$489|
|One Time Certificate Fee||$45|
|Total Certificate Cost (4 courses)||$1,819|
|C = Classroom; OFD = Online Fixed-Date; OSP = Online Self-Paced; IS = Independent Study Self-Paced *Schedule and fees subject to change|
Complete the requirements below to earn a professional certificate in Effective Classroom Management Solutions. The certificate can be completed in as few as two semesters. Read Certificate Benefits and Policy.
- Complete 4 designated courses (11 units)
Enroll in courses individually or opt to pursue the certificate by taking all required courses, while earning graduate level extension credits.
You can expect the following from Online Self-Paced courses:
- Completed assignments are submitted and then evaluated by assigned instructor
- You can go online when convenient, completing course within six months from enrollment
- Instructor interaction and feedback are provided between assignments
- You'll read articles and watch videos, and interact with resources provided within the course
- As long as you have access to the Internet (and any text book requirements stated, if applicable), you can complete assignments
- Evaluate strategies for promoting good social skills
- Investigate strategies for preventing and dealing with bullies
- Analyze classroom management styles
- Develop instructional strategies that promote desired behaviors
- Examine elements of a positive learning environment
- Establish and promote effective classroom rules and procedures
- Assess the intrinsic and extrinsic motivators of students
- Survey the role of teachers in reaching every student and closing achievement gaps
- Identify techniques for conflict resolution in the classroom
- Appraise strategies for using peer mediation as a means of resolving and preventing conflict