Bring Art Back into the Classroom
The Infusing Art in the 21st Century Classroom Series courses are designed to give K-12 educators a knowledge base and appreciation for the visual arts. Budget cuts, the intense focus on standardized testing, and the concentrated attention to Math, Science, and English Language Arts have minimized art inclusion in the classroom. This series promotes 21st Century learning skills that promote enhancing creativity, increasing self-confidence, promoting collaboration, and offers alternative ways in assessing learning. These courses prepare educators with the confidence and practice to infuse strategies into curriculum, no matter what level of artistic talent. Courses cover a variety of topics including elements of art, art history, artist styles, and specific art mediums. Choose the area that interests you and begin your creative exploration!
Who Should Attend
These courses are intended for Grade K-12 teachers looking to foster a deeper appreciation for art, and instill the same in their students, while making Common Core State Standards connections. Visual art educators and non-visual art educators will benefit from these courses.
Enroll in one or more courses in this series.
You can expect the following from these Independent Study Self-Paced courses:
- You can independently work on course work, completing course within nine months from enrollment
- You will read articles and watch videos, and interact with resources
- Instructor is available by email
- Completed assignments are submitted online upon completion of the entire course, and then evaluated by assigned instructor
- Instructor provide provides feedback to your submitted work. Final grade is issued and posted to your record for transcript.
You can expect the following from the Online Self-Paced courses (EDU-X743K Only):
- You can go online when convenient, completing course within six months from enrollment
- As long as you have access to the Internet (and any text book requirements stated, if applicable), you can complete assignments
- You'll read articles and watch videos, and interact with resources provided within the course
- Completed assignments are submitted and then evaluated by assigned instructor
- Instructor interaction and feedback are provided between assignments
- Develop an appreciation for art and its applicability across disciplines in the classroom
- Enhance 21st Century learning with creative art lessons