Know and Use Cognitive Skills to Captivate Your Students’ Interest
What are effective strategies to help the current generation of students learn? How does today’s technology impact student learning? Understanding how students learn and how their brains develop and function are key to enhancing academic performance. These courses provide you with a glimpse into the young mind and how you can use that knowledge to your advantage to promote successful learning. They also give you strategic tools and techniques for use both inside and outside of the classroom.
Who Should Attend
Grade K-12 teachers who want to make teaching more effective by understanding how their students learn.
Enroll in one or more courses in this series to earn graduate level extension credits.
You can expect the following from Online Self-Paced courses:
- You can go online when convenient, completing course within six months from enrollment
- As long as you have access to the Internet (and any text book requirements stated, if applicable), you can complete assignments
- You'll read articles and watch videos, and interact with resources provided within the course
- Completed assignments are submitted and then evaluated by assigned instructor
- Instructor interaction and feedback are provided between assignments
See each course page for required materials
- Use knowledge of how the young mind works to stimulate learning
- Apply cognitive tools and techniques inside and outside of the classroom