This course examines the what, how, and why of emotions and social skills that matter in schools, homes, and the workplace. Daniel Goleman's book, Emotional Intelligence, reports that high IQ scores account for about 20% of a person's success in life, while some of the remaining 80% can be accounted to a person's Emotional Intelligence (Goleman 1995).
Number of Units: 2.0 graduate level extension credit(s) in semester hours
Who Should Attend: This course provides continuing education for teachers and administrators (K-12) interested in learning how to plan and implement character development education into the classroom, school and/or district. Other professionals working with youth may also benefit from this program. This program will provide everything you need to plan, deliver, and assess character education best practices for the learning environment.
Course Materials: There are no book requirements for this course. All materials are embedded within the online course.
Once you have enrolled in your course, log in to your account to access the course Welcome Letter, which includes directions on how to access the Online Orientation and your online course.
Professional development courses offered by the University of San Diego’s Division of Professional & Continuing Education are taught by faculty that possess a depth and breadth of academic and real-world professional experience.
PCE nurtures key partnerships on the local, national and international level to better serve working professionals who seek to enhance or build their careers, as well as with their employers to help achieve their highest value and potential. Contact us today to learn more.
Number of high-quality, career-building courses to choose from
Number of in-depth, innovative, and relevant topics
Career advancing certificates
Courses offer a convenient, yet rigorous style of learning that allows you to structure your education to suit your schedule while keeping you on pace toward achieving your educational.
Our online self-paced courses are similar to online fixed-date courses, but are designed to give you a six-month period from time of enrollment to complete all assignments. Like fixed-date courses, online self-paced courses are asynchronous, meaning that you can work on your assignments anytime; the difference being there are no assigned due dates in self-paced courses. Your instructor will provide feedback via written responses on your assignments and exams. Grades are based on completed projects, assignments and exams.
How is the self-paced course structured? Like fixed-date courses, online self-paced courses are asynchronous meaning that you can work on your assignments anytime; the difference being there are no assigned due dates in self-paced courses. The content is divided into learning modules. Each module will cover one or more topics. Within each of the learning modules, you can expect the following components:
With hundreds of courses across a range of education-related topics, there’s a strong chance we have the ideal class for you!
Small class sizes with real-world educators are an important part of the USD experience.
Our educator courses offer flexible course formats and class times to help you balance your work, USD studies, and family life.
Always a great experience with the professor and with the content. I get so much out of the certifications/classes I take with USD! Thank you!
Browse over 500+ educator courses and numerous certificates to enhance your curriculum and earn credit toward salary advancement.