What is a Certificate?
USD’s Professional and Continuing Education offers results-orientated, targeted programs designed especially for busy working people. You will develop critical workplace knowledge, skills and tools that you can apply immediately! Start building your competitive edge today!
A certificate is a rigorous program of study that demonstrates a progression of learning and the mastery of a specific body of knowledge. Certificates at USD are a minimum of 8 semester units of coursework, and have gone through extensive community reviews, curricular oversight, and university approvals before they are offered for continuing education or professional development.
- Construction Project Management
- Happiness Studies for Business Professionals
- Nonprofit Management
- Project Management
- Real Estate Finance, Investments and Development
- Strategic Online Marketing
- Bullying Prevention in Our Schools
- Character Education Development
- Coaching Today's Student Athletes
- Educational Innovation
- Effective Classroom Management Solutions
- Happiness Studies for Educators
- Love of Language
- Mental Health First Response
- Restorative Justice Facilitation and Leadership
- STEAM: Teaching for Tomorrow’s Innovators
- Teacher Leader
- TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages)
English Language Academy Certificates
All credit courses within the certificate program must be completed with a "C" or higher grade. The final GPA should be 2.5 (out of 4) or higher, based only on credit courses taken from the USD Division of Professional and Continuing Education.
Unless otherwise stated, you have five years after payment of the certificate fee to complete your certificate program requirements.
Registering for a Certificate Program
To be considered eligible for earning a Certificate, each participant must pay a non-refundable certificate enrollment fee of $45. Certificate candidates are encouraged to register in the certificate program as early as possible to take advantage of additional benefits:
- Lock in your curriculum to avoid additional requirements if the Certificate requirements change after you have started the program of study
- Receive valuable advising and guidance to assist you with a broad range of topics, such as courses, certificates, educational planning
- Receive access to the priority enrollment period assigned for Certificate candidates in each course, if applicable
- Record your achievement on your transcript as part of your permanent academic record of accomplishment
- Receive a Certificate document suitable for framing
Paying the Certificate Fee
Payment of the certificate fee is easily done during the checkout process. Each time you add a course to the cart that is part of a certificate program, you will find that the Certificate Fee is available. If you are also planning to complete a certificate, simply check the box next to the certificate fee to add it when enrolling in one or more of the courses, click Re-Calculate, then Continue Checkout. Only add the Certificate Fee one time.
If you prefer to mail your certificate fee, send your name, contact information, certificate program name and nonrefundable check to:
Certificate Programs - (Program Name)
Professional and Continuing Education, University of San Diego
5998 Alcala Park, Barcelona First Floor
San Diego, CA 92110-2492
Please contact us with any questions or for more information on certificate program.
(619) 260-4585 | (888) 321-6658 | email@example.com
NOTE: The use of the term certificate does not apply to a "teaching or administrative credential" that gives license to teaching within a given state.