Develop & Expand English Language Teaching Skills
The TESOL certificate program allows participants to acquire the specialized training and skills needed for a successful career teaching or preparing to teach ESL to non-native English speaking students. University of San Diego (USD) faculty will provide a theoretical foundation for second or foreign language teaching, new innovative insights, activities, and techniques, which can be integrated into the classroom. The USD TESOL certificate program offers…
- An affordable cost
- Graduate level credit (10-units) and a Certificate from USD
- Highly-qualified professional faculty with advanced degrees and years of teaching experience
- Six units of credit towards a graduate degree in TESOL or in Education at USD’s School of Leadership and Education Sciences
Get started and register for a course today!
Why enroll in a certificate program?
- Examine and implement current theories in language acquisition in the classroom
- Use the latest methods of effective language instruction
- Improve English while learning from master teachers
- Learn new and practical classroom skills from specialists
ELA is a member of the American Association of Intensive English Programs (AAIEP) and Association of International Educators (NAFSA).
This 10-unit online certificate program, which takes 125 hours to complete, and includes the five core courses listed below. However, private groups can work with us to customize the Course of Study to substitute a core course(s) with an elective(s).
Accelerated Path to Complete the TESOL Certificate
Once you complete USD's TEFL certificate, you have the option to continue your studies and apply your TEFL credits toward the TESOL Certificate program. USD’s TESOL Certificate sets the standard for excellence in English language instruction. The TESOL Certificate is for candidates who wish to teach English in adult and private sectors in the United States and all levels in overseas contexts. The TESOL Certificate consists of five courses (2 units each); however, candidates who complete the TEFL Certificate, only need to complete three additional courses to earn the TESOL Certificate. Learn more.
Online Fixed Date
The TESOL program is also available as a customized version for a private schedule at your organization.
Contact us for a free proposal!
Call: (619) 260-4202
To access student services click here