Convenient, Self-Paced Professional Growth Opportunity for Teachers
Classroom disruptions and misbehavior can hinder learning and achievement, which is why it is essential for teachers to have a working knowledge of proven classroom management strategies. This course seeks to arm you with the knowledge, skills, and strategies you need to effectively manage your classroom in order to optimize student engagement and achievement. You will evaluate your current practices against evidence-based classroom management strategies, and identify new strategies and practices you can implement in your classroom. At the conclusion of the course, you will have a comprehensive classroom management plan to add to your teacher toolkit.
This course is also applicable toward the Effective Classroom Management Solutions Certificate course requirements.
- Examine how teacher attitudes and teacher-student relationships affect student success and classroom management
- Evaluate your current classroom management strategies and practices
- Identify new evidence-based classroom management strategies and practices to maximize learning and promote desired behaviors
- Create a comprehensive classroom management plan based on research and best practices
Number of Units: 2.0 graduate level extension credit(s) in semester hours
Who Should Attend: This course provides continuing education for teachers (Grades K-12) interested in the latest research about the art and practice of teaching.
Course Materials: No textbook requirementTechnical Requirements
"The course went above my expectations. I LOVE that this particular class was done and completed on my time." -- Taylor Sumner, Educator, Sacred Heart Academy, Virginia
"Excellent instructor - excellent coursework. Very happy!" -- Melanie Schlager, Educator, Buena Park High School, California
"The instructor was great. She gave good feedback and support that went beyond the online classroom." -- Hillary Gutierrez, Educator, Dixon Unified School District, California
"I appreciate the communications I had with Professor Scragg. She is prompt in her responses and her interaction with my development." -- Elizabeth Derebenskiy, Educator, California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation, California
"I enjoyed this course. I found the articles to be very informative and useful. I have been able to implement several new ideas for classroom management as a result of taking this course!" -- Kathryn Sandler, Educator
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s), Professional Programs and Series
- Beginning Teachers Series : Courses - Enroll in One or More
- Effective Classroom Management Solutions Certificate : Courses - Complete these 3 required courses: