Make Reading a Part of Your Professional Growth
Project READ is an independent study program designed for busy educators who wish to remain on the "cutting edge" in their chosen disciplines. Project READ was developed by the University of San Diego's Division of Professional and Continuing Education in conjunction with educators from the Department of Defense Education Activity and Overseas International Schools. The courses in this series are approved by DoDEA.
- Remain on the "cutting edge" in your discipline
- Relate information learned to your role as a teacher
- Integrate your learning into your curriculum plans
To review and enroll in current courses in this series by going directly to Project READ for DoDEA/International Educators Series; or for your convenience, view this printable PDF of the current booklist which includes brief book descriptions:
- Choose a course from our Project READ Series, which corresponds to an approved book title. Scroll down on this page to find courses. (NOTE: Book titles not on this list will not be considered at this time). Read the book.
- Process what you have read.
- Respond to three specific questions:
- What were the most appealing or the most important ideas expressed by the author(s)?
- What are the implications of the ideas in the book for you as an educator? Or, how will you implement the ideas with your students?
- What ideas of the author(s), if any, would you challenge? Why?
Steps to Completion
- Review the book selections from the listed categories and choose a course.
- Select and order the corresponding book. Books can be reviewed on the course page, and ordered through Amazon.com or other linked vendor.
- Enroll in the course.
- Upon receipt of enrollment and payment by email, detailed course instructions will be available under your account at PCE.sandiego.edu.
- Upon completion of all assignments, you will submit an electronic file of your completed work by uploading it to the course under your student account.
Who Should Attend
These courses are designed for Department of Defense (DoDEA) and international school educators.
All courses in this series are delivered in the Independent Study Self-Paced format.
Jeff Olivero, M.S. in Education Administration, is currently Principal of University City High School, San Diego, California. He has been a teacher, vice principal, principal and School Improvement Officer (Assistant Superintendent) overseeing over 20 comprehensive and alternative high schools in San Diego Unified School District.
Enroll in one or more courses in this series.
Each course in this series requires access to the book listed on the course page. We recommend Amazon.com, Barnes and Noble, Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development as resources for purchasing your chosen book. Additionally, the Stars and Stripes bookstore, as well as others, can order most titles.