Learn to Develop Global Competence in Today's P-12 Students
This series of courses, created by the California Global Education Project, provides quality professional development to improve instructional practices and lead to increased achievement for all students, with a primary focus on preparing all students to be globally competent, engaged citizens of our interconnected and changing world.
Who Should Attend
Grade P-12 teachers who want to hone their global education and geography teaching to promote engaged students in today's world.
Schedule and Fees
|EDU-X774T||Global Education: An Introduction
|EDU-X775T||Global Education: Teaching for Global Competence
|EDU-X776T||Teaching Geography with the California Atlas
Sept 13 - Oct 24
|EDU-X777T||Geography & Global Education
|C = Classroom; OFD = Online Fixed-Date; OSP = Online Self-Paced; IS = Independent Study Self-Paced|
*Schedule and Fees are subject to change.
Enroll in one or more courses in this series to earn graduate level extension credits.
You can expect the following from Online Fixed-Date courses:
- You can go online when convenient, with module assignments due during the course per the instructor's schedule
- As long as you have access to the Internet (and any text book requirements stated, if applicable), you can complete assignments
- You'll read articles and watch videos, and interact with resources provided within the course
- Completed assignments are submitted by provided due dates and then evaluated by assigned instructor
- Instructor interaction and feedback are provided between assignments
See each course page for required materials