Cultivate Understanding and Respect in the Classroom
The Teaching for Diversity, Equity and Inclusivity in the Classroom Series courses promote positive change and personal growth for K-12 educators that want to learn how to celebrate diversity, and also strategize how to promote inclusivity, equity and anti-racism in the classroom. These courses provide educators with skills and strategies on how to create a culturally inclusive classroom, while teaching students to value inclusion and promote cultural respect and tolerance within their daily lives.
Who Should Attend
All educators, including teachers, counselors, administrators and others wanting to promote positive change within their lives (and their students) to promote equity, inclusivity and diversity.
Enroll in one or more courses in this series.
You can expect the following from the Online Self-Paced courses in this series:
- You can go online when convenient, completing course within six months from enrollment
- As long as you have access to the Internet (and any text book requirements stated, if applicable), you can complete assignments
- You'll read articles and watch videos, and interact with resources provided within the course
- Completed assignments are submitted and then evaluated by assigned instructor
- Instructor interaction and feedback are provided between assignments
You can expect the following from the Independent Study Self-Paced course in this series:
- You can independently work on course work, completing course within nine months from enrollment
- You will read articles and watch videos, and interact with resources provided within the course
- Instructor is available by email
- Completed assignments are submitted online upon completion of the entire course, and then evaluated by assigned instructor
- Instructor provide provides feedback to your submitted work. Final grade is issued and posted to your record for transcript.
- Demonstrate appreciation and acceptance of new perspectives and cultures
- Promote communication and connections within the classroom with others that are different than us
- Establish respectful and appropriate interactions in the classroom
- Value diversity as a source of creativity and innovation
- Create a learning environment and develop a mindset for students that includes anti-racism, equity and inclusivity