Become a More Effective, Innovative and Courageous Leader
Based on the teachings of leadership pioneer and best-selling author Brené Brown, this intensive two-day, on-campus program is designed to empower participants with new skills and tools to excel as leaders.
This transformative Dare to Lead™ training program is facilitated by leadership development expert Dr. Lorri Sulpizio, director of the University of San Diego’s Conscious Leadership Academy and CEO of the Lotus Leadership Institute. Participants learn to strengthen their leadership capacity by moving from what Dr. Brown calls “armored leadership” to “daring leadership” in any industry or setting.
The Dare to Lead™ Leadership Program is an empirically based, courage-building methodology based on four innovative skill sets. Dr. Brown’s deep research into leadership reveals that the ideal leader is someone who cultivates a culture in which brave work, tough conversations and whole hearts are the expectation. These skill sets are:
- Rumbling with vulnerability
- Living into our values
- Braving trust
- Learning to rise
Who Should Attend
Seasoned to emerging professionals, small business owners, executives, entrepreneurs and anyone who is seeking to stretch their leadership capacity, have courageous conversations, share direct feedback and build trust with others.
Schedule and Fees
Course Schedule and Enrollment Link
*Schedule and Fees are subject to change.
Participants are expected to attend 100% of scheduled sessions to earn their certificate of completion for the Dare to Lead™ Leadership Program. This dare to lead certificate training engages participants with a variety of development activities, case studies, latest trends, research and practical tools.
Dare to Lead Program Curriculum
This program is focused on the teachings of Dr. Brené Brown from her inspirational bestseller “Dare to Lead: Brave Work. Tough Conversations. Whole Hearts,” which participants are required to read before the training. Her 2010 TED talk on this topic, “The Power of Vulnerability,” has been viewed over 50 million times.
Benefits of USD’s Dare to Lead Program
“Dare to Lead,” has been described as “the ultimate playbook for developing brave leaders and courageous cultures.” Some of the chief benefits of this Dare to Lead training course include:
- Learning a valuable new perspective on leadership
- Expanded ability to lead courageously and cultivate a brave work culture
- Leading-edge instruction from a certified Dare to Lead™ facilitator
- Small class sizes with personalized interaction and support
- A “Dare to Lead Trained” badge to add to your LinkedIn profile
Dare to Lead Program Learner Outcomes
Those who successfully complete the University of San Diego’s highly regarded Dare to Lead training program will:
- Learn the key components of brave leadership
- Learn to create teams that take risks based on courage and trust
- Be equipped to operationalize the core values that define themselves and their organization
- Learn to move from avoiding tough conversations to straight talk and taking action
- Learn to give more meaningful feedback to their team
- Understand what it means to “bring their whole heart to work each day”
Career-Building Aspects of Dare to Lead Training
Across all industries, leadership and organizational competencies are in greater demand than ever. This program is an invaluable opportunity for both seasoned and emerging leaders to consciously pause to:
- Assess their personal inventory of skill sets, strengths and weaknesses
- Measure how they are showing up as a leader
- Discover how to level up and make a greater impact
This Dare to Lead training program connects to many of the most sought-after leadership competencies in the modern workplace, including:
- Effective agent of change
- Collaborative mindset
- Ability to identify solutions
- Emotional intelligence
- Identifying opportunity gaps and acting upon them
- Global focus, attuned to cultural sensitivity
- Innovative, champion for creativity
Taught by Certified Dare to Lead™ Facilitator
Dr. Lorri Sulpizio, PhD, has devoted her career to studying the practice of leadership as an educator and consultant. She has taught both graduate and undergraduate level courses in leadership and published numerous writings on this valuable and essential skill.
Her credentials include:
- Certified Dare to Lead™ facilitator
- Director, University of San Diego Conscious Leadership Academy
- Founder, USD’s Center for Women’s Leadership
- CEO of the Lotus Leadership Institute
“I like working with people to help them become a better version of themselves, in whatever capacity it might be,” she says. “A fundamental belief I have is that leadership is NOT management. Leadership is not a role that we hold, not authority or power or a position. It is something much more. Leadership is addressing the tough problems. It is facilitating change. It is managing transitions. Leadership is at the core of who we are. Everyone does leadership.”
The University of San Diego’s Division of Professional and Continuing Education is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges – Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC).
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How long is this program?
This training program is 25 hours (pre-program preparation and two-day attendance). Participants will engage in both in-class and outside practical class activities.
How can I pay for the course?
You may pay online with a credit card (we accept MasterCard and Visa) or call Enrollment and Student Services during business hours at 1 619-547-0172. Registrations must be paid in full prior to the first day of course.
Is parking included with tuition?
No, parking is not included. Check our website for detailed information on parking.
What textbooks are required?
Participants are required to read “Dare to Lead: Brave Work. Tough Conversations. Whole Hearts” by Brené Brown prior to the first session; it is available at Amazon.com or your local bookstore.