Increase Your Career Growth Opportunities with More Effective Communication Skills in Business and Social Situations
The Accent Modification Program is a customized instructional program for people who speak English as a second language and who have average to advanced English skills. This program addresses the need for effective verbal skills in every profession. Managing people, sharing new ideas, speaking on the telephone, and growing a business all require clear and effective pronunciation. A strong accent may interfere with the ability to be understood. The ELA Program includes:
- All accent reduction training conducted by a licensed speech/language pathologist; trainers have a Master’s Degree and are specially trained in accent modification
- Training is short term and highly effective
- Programs are customized based on the needs of the individuals in the group
- Small group instruction is offered and limited to 5 participants - enroll now
- Individual/private instruction offered upon request (flexible scheduling is available for individual instruction)
- Instruction can be held on location for groups from the same company
- For more details please refer to the Policies section found on the Professional and Continuing Education (PCE) Website: https://pce.sandiego.edu/
Individual Training: Individual sessions are available. Please contact Terri Anderson at (619) 260-4234, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill out the form below:
Who Should Attend
Attorneys, Scientists, Medical Personnel, Executives, Customer Service Representatives, Managers, or Employees who speak English as a Second Language and whose job requires clear and effective communication.
Instruction is delivered in the classroom format at the English Language Academy (ELA), on the campus of the University of San Diego.
- Identify differences in your own speech patterns as compared to Standard American English
- Decrease speech errors by 40-50% measured by a pre- and post- assessment
- Increase self-confidence and esteem that results in more active participation in meetings
- Improve telephone skills
- Interact with vendors, customers and co-workers more effectively
An intermediate or advanced level of English is required.
Memberships and Associations
USD's English Language Academy is a member of English USA (formerly the American Association of Intensive English Programs) and the Association of International Educators (NAFSA).