Use Technology to Promote Student Learning — Flexible Online Self-Paced Courses
The Using the Internet Series includes courses created by teachers for teachers. Ideas, strategies and resources are presented based on the latest thinking about the art and practice of teaching in the new media classroom. Whether you are a classroom teacher who is faced with integrating technology for the first time, one that already uses some technology and wants to enhance your current skills, or an educator providing staff development to others, this series will provide you with necessary skills and support toward creating a successful learning environment in your classroom.
Who Should Attend
K-12 teachers looking to enhance their teaching with 21st Century technology tools to promote student learning. Staff developers wanting to increase technology usage in their school site and/or district will also benefit from this series.
Enroll in one or more courses in this series.
You can expect the following from Online Self-Paced courses:
- You can go online when convenient, completing course within six months from enrollment
- As long as you have access to the Internet (and any text book requirements stated, if applicable), you can complete assignments
- You'll read articles and watch videos, and interact with resources provided within the course
- Completed assignments are submitted and then evaluated by assigned instructor
- Instructor interaction and feedback are provided between assignments
- Identify your needs as an educator as well as the needs of your students and your school
- Identify theoretical models and best practices for integrating technology into your curriculum
- Develop strategies to promote these best practices in your curriculum design
- Create new ways to implement 21st Century learning in your school