Improve Academic Achievement and College Readiness
June 23 - August 1, 2014
Each summer, the Accelerated Summer Academic Program (ASAP) at the University of San Diego (USD) offers high school students a select number of honors and advanced placement (AP) courses to prepare them adequately for college.Taking classes on USD's campus provides high school students with the opportunity to have a university-level learning experience. Since one of the greatest challenges for college students is the transition from the high school to the college learning environment,USD’s goal with the Accelerated Summer Academic Program is to help students prepare for and succeed in this transition.
Get Started and Apply Today!
Register for a course after the application is accepted!
"... I liked how the teacher was passionate about her work. It got us into what we were learning and made it more exciting. It was really enjoyable and I think The Practice of Law was one of the greatest classes. I've gained knowledge ... My favorate thing was the different activities we did like the mock trial. Definitely recommend this program."
Azriel Almera, 9th Grade, High Tech High Media Art
Steps for Application
- Search for courses below
- Enroll and pay for the course you are interested in
- Complete the Application Form online (Please note, to complete the application you are required to create a student account, make sure that it is the students name, not the parents name). The following items are part of the application process:
* $50 application fee - fee will be automatically assessed with online submission of this form
* Teacher Recommendation Form
* Photocopy of most recent grade report card or high school transcript
* Photocopy of achievement test scores or signed, stamped note from administrative staff if no test has been taken in the past 3 years
* Inventory of activities or resume
* Photocopy of College Board PSAT and/or SAT scores (if available)
4. Pay the Application Fee
Top Reasons Students Should Attend
- Accelerate academic achievement
- Receive personalized attention for academic topics in small classroom settings
- Advance to a higher level of high school coursework
- Improve college/university application profile and readiness for success
Who Should Attend
All high school students who demonstrate strong academic ability and can participate successfully in classes with rigorous curriculum are encouraged to attend.
Deadline to submit applications: June 6, 2014
Placements mailed to students: June 10, 2014
Orientation Meeting - Students, Parents and Teachers: June 14, 2014
First Day of Class: June 23, 2014
Last Day of Class: August 1, 2014
The admissions process for the ASAP is now open. In order to apply for admission to the program, students must submit a complete application by the application deadline. Get Started and Apply Here Today
A variety of high school teachers from many of San Diego’s top high schools are the expert instructors involved in the USD ASAP program. The instructors have varied backgrounds with knowledge in math, writing, sciences, computer science and law, and bring both excellent teaching styles with expertise to the classroom each day to ensure that students perform at their highest level.
Courses that normally take an entire high school year will be delivered in six weeks, with students meeting three days per week for 4.5 hours each day. Courses that normally take a semester will meet two days per week for 4.5 hours each day. Students will be expected to complete four to six hours of homework for each class session attended.
To access student services click here