Stay Current. Advance and Build New Skills in Online Marketing!
The University of San Diego offers an eight-month certificate program that will help you develop and deploy successful online marketing strategies. The program is designed for marketing professionals and small to medium size businesses whose goal is to expand and increase the impact of their online presence. Courses are taught in a small group setting to maintain a highly interactive environment.
- Identify the components of a successful online marketing plan
- Analyze your current online presence
- Create keyword strategies that can be applied to website development and search engine optimization (SEO)
- Learn the primary components of SEO, and how they can improve your business
- Create pages that influence search engines while keeping visitors interested
- Learn how to effectively use social media to get the attention of your target audience
- Apply proven tracking methods to your site and deploy successful marketing campaigns
- Generate traffic to your website through linking strategies, search engine marketing, advertising, video marketing, email marketing, article distribution, and social media
Who Should Attend
Marketers, business owners, business professionals, and others responsible for marketing will get the tools they need to increase sales or the visibility of their company or organization. Those who require online marketing continuing education to seek professional promotion and anyone considering a career change to the field of online marketing will also benefit from the program.
All courses are delivered in the Classroom format.
InstructorsCourses are taught by expert practitioners from the online marketing industry.
CurriculumOne course is scheduled each month over an eight month period. Courses are scheduled one day each week for four consecutive weeks from 6:00 – 9:10 PM. Students are evaluated on individual projects assigned throughout each course.
Complete the requirements below to earn a certificate in Strategic Online Marketing. The certificate can be completed in as little as eight months. Read more about Certificate Benefits and Policy.
- Complete 8 core courses with final GPA of 2.5 (out of 4) or higher
- Develop and present a portfolio containing an Online Marketing Strategy tailored to their company’s needs
- Attend 70% of scheduled classes (for classroom courses only)
Schedule & Fees*Save 10%! Register Early – 4 Weeks Before the Start Date
|Course #||Courses (8 units)||Duration||Fall 2016||Spring 2017||Summer 2017||*Fee|
Building Your Brand and Website
Foundation (1 unit)
|4 weeks||C: Sep 8 - Sep 29||C: Jan 12 - Feb 2||C: May 11 - Jun 1||$379|
Principles of SEO and Onsite
Optimization (1 unit)
|4 weeks||C: Oct 6 - Oct 27||C: Jun 8 - Jun 29||$379|
Offsite SEO Strategies: Link Building, Content,
Marketing and Website Authority (1 unit)
|4 weeks||C: Nov 3 - Dec 1||C: Jul 6 - Jul 27||$379|
|MKT-X804||Email, Blogging, and Video Marketing (1 unit)||4 weeks||$379|
|MKT-X805||Social Media Marketing (1 unit)||4 weeks||C: Feb 9 - Mar 2||$379|
|MKT-X806||Online Advertising (1 unit)||4 weeks||C: Oct 4 - Oct 25||C: Apr 6 - Apr 27||C: Aug 3 - Aug 24||$379|
|MKT-X807||Web Analytics(1 unit)||4 weeks||C: Jan 24 - Feb 14||C: May 11 - Jun 1||$379|
|MKT-X808||Capstone Project Presentations(1 unit)||4 weeks||C: Feb 21 - Mar 14||C: May 11 - Jun 1||$379|
|One Time Certificate Fee||$45|
|Total Certificate Cost (8 courses)||$3,077|
|C = Classroom; OFD = Online Fixed-Date; OSP = Online Self-Paced; IS = Independent Study Self-Paced; *Schedule subject to change|