Stay Current. Advance and Build New Skills in Online Marketing!
The University of San Diego offers an eight-month certificate program that will help you develop and deploy successful online marketing strategies. The program is designed for marketing professionals and small to medium size businesses whose goal is to expand and increase the impact of their online presence. Courses are taught in a small group setting to maintain a highly interactive environment.
Enrollment is open for individual courses for those who do not wish to pursue the certificate; or they may take the required courses to earn the Certificate of Completion in Strategic Online Marketing.
Who Should Attend
Marketers, business owners, business professionals, and others responsible for marketing will get the tools they need to increase sales or the visibility of their company or organization. Those who require online marketing continuing education to seek professional promotion and anyone considering a career change to the field of online marketing will also benefit from the program.
Schedule & Fees
|Course #||Courses (8 units)||Duration||SP2017||SU2017||FA2017||*Fee|
Building Your Brand and Website Foundation (1 unit)
C: 1/12 - 2/2
C: 3/14 - 4/10
|C: 5/3 - 5/24||
C: 9/7 - 9/28
C: 10/18 - 11/8
Principles of SEO and Onsite Optimization (1 unit)
|4 weeks||C: 4/19 - 5/10||-||C: TBD||$379|
Offsite SEO Strategies: Link Building, Content, Marketing
and Website Authority (1 unit)
|4 weeks||-||C: 5/17 - 6/7||C: TBD||$379|
|MKT-X804||Email, Blogging, and Video Marketing (1 unit)||4 weeks||C: 3/9 - 3/30||-||C: 11/2 - 11/30||$379|
|MKT-X805||Social Media Marketing (1 unit)||4 weeks||C: 2/9 - 3/2||-||C: 10/5 - 10/26||$379|
|MKT-X806||Online Advertising (1 unit)||4 weeks||C: 4/6 - 4/27||C: 7/13 - 8/3||-||$379|
|MKT-X807||Web Analytics(1 unit)||4 weeks||C: 1/24 - 2/14||-||C: 9/7 - 9/28||$379|
|MKT-X808||Capstone Project Presentations(1 unit)||4 weeks||C: 2/21 - 3/14||C: 5/11 - 6/1||C: 9/7 - 9/28||$379|
|One Time Certificate Fee||$45|
|Total Certificate Cost (8 courses)||$3,077|
C = Classroom; *Schedule subject to change
Complete the requirements below to earn a certificate in Strategic Online Marketing. The certificate can be completed in as little as eight months. Read more about Certificate Benefits and Policy.
- Complete 8 core courses with final GPA of 2.5 (out of 4) or higher
- Develop and present a portfolio containing an Online Marketing Strategy tailored to their company’s needs
- Attend 70% of scheduled classes (for classroom courses only)
- Identify the components of a successful online marketing plan
- Analyze your current online presence
- Create keyword strategies that can be applied to website development and search engine optimization (SEO)
- Learn the primary components of SEO, and how they can improve your business
- Create pages that influence search engines while keeping visitors interested
- Learn how to effectively use social media to get the attention of your target audience
- Apply proven tracking methods to your site and deploy successful marketing campaigns
- Generate traffic to your website through linking strategies, search engine marketing, advertising, video marketing, email marketing, article distribution, and social media