Become an Online Marketing Specialist in Eight Months!
The University of San Diego offers an eight-month certificate program that will help you develop and deploy successful online marketing strategies. The program is designed for marketing professionals and small to medium size businesses whose goal is to expand and increase the impact of their online presence. Courses are taught in a small group setting to maintain a highly interactive environment.
- Identify the components of a successful online marketing plan
- Analyze your current online presence
- Create keyword strategies that can be applied to website development and search engine optimization (SEO)
- Learn the primary components of SEO, and how they can improve your business
- Create pages that influence search engines while keeping visitors interested
- Learn how to effectively use social media to get the attention of your target audience
- Apply proven tracking methods to your site and deploy successful marketing campaigns
- Generate traffic to your website through linking strategies, search engine marketing, advertising, video marketing, email marketing, article distribution, and social media
Who Should Attend
Marketers, business owners, business professionals, and others responsible for marketing will get the tools they need to increase sales or the visibility of their company or organization. Those who require online marketing continuing education to seek professional promotion and anyone considering a career change to the field of online marketing will also benefit from the program.
All Courses are delivered in the Classroom format.
InstructorsCourses are taught by expert practitioners from the online marketing industry.
CurriculumOne course is scheduled each month over an eight month period. Courses are scheduled one day each week for four consecutive weeks from 6:00 – 9:10 PM. Students are evaluated on individual projects assigned throughout each course.
Complete the requirements below to earn a certificate in Strategic Online Marketing. The certificate can be completed in as little as eight months. Read more about Certificate Benefits and Policy.
- Complete 8 core courses with final GPA of 2.5 (out of 4) or higher
- Develop and present a portfolio containing an Online Marketing Strategy tailored to their company’s needs
- Attend 70% of scheduled classes (for classroom courses only)
Schedule & Fees*Save 10%! Register Early – 4 Weeks Before the Start Date
|Course #||Courses (8 units)||Duration||FA15||SP16||SU16||*Fee|
|MKT-X810||Building Your Brand and Website Foundation (1 unit)||4 weeks||C: Sep 1 - Sep 22||C: Jan 14 - Feb 4||C: May 6 - May 27||$379|
|MKT-X811||Principles of SEO and Onsite Optimization (1 unit)||4 weeks||C: Sep 29 - Oct 20||C: Apr 7 - Apr 29||-||$379|
|MKT-X812||Offsite SEO Strategies: Link Building + (1 unit)||4 weeks||C: Oct 27 - Nov 17||-||C: May 6 - May 27||$379|
|MKT-X804||Email, Blogging, and Video Marketing (1 unit)||4 weeks||C: Nov 24 - Dec 15||-||C: Jun 3 - Jun 24||$379|
|MKT-X805||Social Media Marketing (1 unit)||4 weeks||-||C: Jan 14 - Feb 4||C: Jul 7 - Jul 28||$379|
|MKT-X806||Online Advertising (1 unit)||4 weeks||-||C: Feb 11 - Mar 3||-||$379|
|MKT-X807||Web Analytics(1 unit)||4 weeks||-||C: Mar 10 - Mar 31||-||$379|
|MKT-X808||Capstone Project Presentations(1 unit)||4 weeks||C: Nov 24 - Dec 15||C: Apr 7 - Apr 29||C: Aug 5 - Aug 26||$379|
|One Time Certificate Fee||$100|
|Total Certificate Cost (8 courses)||$3,132|
|C = Classroom; OFD = Online Fixed-Date; OSP = Online Self-Paced; IS = Independent Study Self-Paced|