Become a Skillful Nonprofit Leader and Make a Greater Difference in Your Organization
It takes a strong leader to manage a nonprofit organization. If your passion is to work in nonprofit management, you can get the professional training and development you will need to support your organization’s sustainability and growth. This program builds your nonprofit knowledge and skills in specific focus areas including:
- Financial Management
- Fundraising and Grant Writing
- Board Development
- Staff and Volunteer Management
- Program Evaluation
- Risk Management
Develop the management skills to successfully lead a nonprofit organization with this in-depth, eight-course program from the University of San Diego. Each professional and continuing education course is designed to build critical and practical skills for nonprofit management.
Get started and register for a course today!
- Improve your ability to champion a cause and increase campaign success
- Build a Board that is productive, and can help lead your nonprofit to the next level
- Recognize internal controls and fund accounting and develop financial tools and budgets
- Build your brand and explore marketing strategies to differentiate your organization and increase brand awareness
- Make a positive impact in the community and at your nonprofit organization
Who Should Attend
Experienced and new nonprofit sector employees, professionals transitioning to the nonprofit sector, current or prospective board members, or potential or veteran volunteers will benefit from this research-based program.
All Courses are delivered in the Classroom or Online Fixed-Date format.
USD faculty and experienced practitioners in the nonprofit sector provide a stimulating and participative learning environment. Your instructors in this certificate program are:
- Highly-regarded faculty from USD’s Institute of Nonprofit Education and Research
- Renowned practitioner faculty who are leaders in the health care, arts administration, human services, finance, organizational development and community organizing fields
Enroll in individual courses of your choice and start with any course in any semester. Courses meet four times for just over three hours from 6:00 to 9:10 PM. Each class can be completed in one month.
Complete the requirements below for a total of eight units with a final GPA of 2.5 (out of 4) or higher to earn a professional certificate in Nonprofit Management. The certificate can be completed in as little as eight months.
- Complete 5 core courses (5 units)
- Complete 3 elective courses (3 units)
- Attend 70% of scheduled classes (classroom courses only)
- Complete all coursework with a final GPA of 2.5 (out of 4) or higher. Read more about Certificate Benefits and Policy.