Become a Coach to Ensure Leadership and Organizational Success
Train to be a reflective leadership coaching practitioner and earn a nationally recognized credential in an emerging field with the University of San Diego’s (USD) unique certificate program. Since coaching is a profession where deep attention to people and process are necessary to be effective, USD uses proven approaches that prepare established and aspiring coaches with the skills needed to advance their professions.
Emphasis is placed on developing you as an instrument of a practice where the relationship with the leader being coached is top priority. You will prepare to bring quality and depth to your work in a range of professional settings and immerse yourself one weekend a month, the standard for training by the most respected programs in the country, that will provide:
- “Real time" experience and practice that can deepen understanding of the coaching profession and be applied immediately in work as a coach
- Direct feedback from experienced USD coaching faculty and intensive peer-to-peer learning
- Preparation for the next level of coaching excellence including taking the exam for the nationally recognized Board Certified Coach program
- Completion in eight months
Get started and register today!
Why enroll in a certificate program?
- Apply self-reflection techniques to improve your coaching practice
- Construct a business plan for a coaching practice
- Identify suitable networking strategies
- Demonstrate basic competence in coaching individuals, teams, and systems
Who Should Attend
Professionals with established coaching practices, those who are new to the field, human resource officers and persons from related careers, as well as consultants and clinicians are particularly encouraged to attend the program. Managers who find that coaching is increasingly an expectation in their work will also find value in earning this certificate.
Classroom schedule, one weekend per month, provides the quality of learning that will impact your professional practice as coach for years. By making this investment of time into your professional development, you will see the work with your clients deepen and your capacity to work with ever-more challenging situations dramatically improve. Whether your interest is life coaching or executive development, the weekend intensive approach helps you achieve your goals and get the results your clients seek.
USD faculty and experienced practitioners in the leadership and coaching disciplines provide a stimulating and participative learning environment. Your instructors in the certificate program are:
- Highly-regarded faculty from USD's School of Leadership and Education Sciences
- Renown practitioners who are leaders in the fields of leadership and executive coaching
This seven-course and one-workshop program is designed so the USD Leadership Coaching Certificate can be earned in as quick as 8 months. Courses are 12.5 (1 unit) to 25 (2 units) instructional hours and are scheduled one weekend per month. As a recognized Board Certified Coach program, successful students are also eligible to take the exam for this nationally recognized credential.
Board Certified Coach (BCC) Program
The USD Leadership Coaching Certificate Program has been approved for 96-128
training hours toward the BCC credential. Successful completion of this certificate will make students eligible for the BCC Credential. Students must submit the Certificate in Leadership Coaching with the BCC application packet. Learn more about BCC certification.
To access student services click here