Become a Coach Leader to Ensure Organizational Success
Train to be a reflective leadership coaching practitioner in an emerging field with the University of San Diego’s (USD) unique certificate program. Since coaching is a profession where deep attention to people and process are necessary to be effective, USD uses proven approaches that prepare established and aspiring coaches with the skills needed to advance in their careers.
The Leadership Coaching program develops you as a change agent who sets the relationship with the leader and leadership teams being coached as the top priority. You will prepare to bring quality and depth to your work in a range of professional settings and immerse yourself deeper into the coaching experience with each of your clients. Whether your interest is life coaching or executive development, this professional program will help you achieve your goals and get the results your clients seek.
The program gives you:
- “Real time" experience and practice that deepens your understanding of the coaching profession and can be immediately applied to your work
- Direct feedback from experienced coaching faculty and intensive peer-to-peer learning opportunities
- Preparation for the next level of coaching excellence including taking the exam for the nationally recognized Board Certified Coach program
- A coaching course of study that can be completed
Join our mailing list to receive updates on the program!
- Apply self-reflection techniques to improve your coaching practice
- Construct a business plan for a coaching practice
- Identify suitable networking strategies
- Demonstrate basic competence in coaching individuals, teams, and systems
Who Should Attend
Professionals with established coaching practices, those who are new to the field, human resource officers and those from related careers are ideal candidates. Consultants and clinicians can also benefit greatly from the program. Managers who find that coaching is increasingly an expectation in their work will also find value in earning this certificate.
All courses are delivered in the Classroom format.
USD faculty and experienced practitioners in the leadership and coaching disciplines provide a stimulating and participative learning environment. Your instructors are:
- Highly-regarded faculty from USD's School of Leadership and Education Sciences
- Renowned practitioners who are experts in the fields of leadership and executive coaching
These courses provide the quality of learning that will impact your professional practice as coach for years. By making this investment of time into your professional development, you will see the work with your clients deepen and your capacity to work with ever-more challenging situations dramatically improve. Whether your interest is life coaching or executive development, this program helps you achieve your goals and get the results your clients seek.
Complete the requirements below to earn a Certificate in Leadership Coaching. Courses are scheduled one weekend per month and can be completed in as little as eight months. Read Certificate Benefits and Policy.
- Requirements are under review; likely four or five courses (2 units each)
- Attend 70% of scheduled classes
Leadership Coaching courses will be scheduled in early 2015. To receive program updates, click on the "Receive Program News and Updates" button to the right.