Become an Event Planning Professional!
The Event Management Certificate Program is one of the most comprehensive professional development programs of its type in the region and the world. Students are well prepared to address the market challenges and changes occurring within this complex and competitive industry.
The program provides a comprehensive education in the essentials of event management from conception to evaluation and are delivered in very interactive, hands-on classes. Instructors use materials from actual events as well as group projects to provide you with a dynamic learning experience.
Whether you are seeking to build a solid foundation in the event management discipline or gain specialized event management skills, you'll find what you need in the University of San Diego’s Event Management Program.
Get your education started by registering for a course today!
Current Career Trends
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Event Planner jobs are growing at a rate much faster than average at 33%! Event Planning and Management is a great career field for people who are good communicators and like to organized and plan. Interested in learning more about a career in Event Management? Find statistics, qualifications, work environment, and more here!
For FAQ and current job openings in the surrounding area, click here
- Create and design both small and large-scale events
- Employ project management skills to better manage an event team
- Build profitable events that generate targeted revenue
- Build budgets and manage event finances
- Assess risk and comply with complex event regulations and guidelines
Who Should Attend
Any one who is or wants to be responsible for coordinating small to large-scale events including meetings, nonprofit, conferences, corporate and social programs, reunions, and sporting events. Whether you are an administrative assistant, entrepreneur, manager, or current event professional, this program builds the skills needed to advance your career options in this field.
All Courses are delivered in the Classroom format.
Experienced practitioners from the event industry provide a stimulating and participative learning environment. Your instructors in the certificate program are:
- Highly-regarded practitioners from various facets of the event industry
- Renowned practitioners who are event management leaders in the social, corporate, nonprofit, association, sport, and festival industry segments
Enroll in individual courses of your choice and start with any course in any semester. Courses meet four times for just over three hours from 6:00 to 9:10 PM. Each class can be completed in two to three weeks.
Complete the requirements below for a total of eight units with a final GPA of 2.5 (out of 4) or higher. to earn a professional certificate in Event Management. The certificate can be completed in as little as six months.
- Complete 8 core courses (8 units)
- Complete the 100-hour practicum in the event industry
- Complete the Capstone Portfolio and presentation
- Attend 70% of scheduled classes
- Complete all coursework with a final GPA of 2.5 (out of 4) or higher. Read more about Certificate Benefits and Policy.