USD – Where Event Industry Professionals Turn for Training!
The Event Management Certificate Program is one of the most comprehensive professional development programs of its type in the world. It ensures that all students are well prepared to face the market changes occurring within this complex and competitive industry.
Both beginning and experienced event managers will benefit from the program and add new tools for staging risk-free and sustainable events.
Whether you are seeking to build a solid foundation in the event management discipline or gain specialized event management skills, you'll find what you need in the University of San Diego’s Event Management Program.
The program's six courses provide a comprehensive education in the essentials of event management from conception to evaluation and are delivered in very interactive, hands-on classes. Instructors use materials from actual events as well as group projects to provide you with a dynamic learning experience.
Get your education started by registering for a course today!
- Build profitable events that generate targeted revenue
- Build budgets and event finances
- Assess risk and comply with complex event regulations and guidelines
- Create and design both small and large-scale events
- Employ project management to better manage an event team
Who Should Attend
- Professionals responsible for coordinating small to large-scale events including meetings, nonprofit, conferences, corporate and social programs, reunions, and sporting, events
- Whether you are an administrative assistant, entrepreneur or manager, this course will give you skills you can use today and expand your career options in the future
- New graduates or career changers who require event management continuing education to obtain an entry-level position Current event professionals who desire to advance in the event management field
All Courses are delivered in the Classroom format.
Experienced practitioners from the event industry provide a stimulating and participative learning environment. Your instructors in the certificate program are:
- Highly-regarded practitioners from various facets of the event industry
- Renowned practitioners who are event management leaders in the social, corporate, nonprofit, association, sport, and festival industry segments
Enroll in individual courses of your choice and start with any course in any semester. Courses meet four to eight times for just over three hours from 6:00 to 9:10 PM. Each class can be completed in one month.
Complete the requirements below for a total of eight and a half units with a final GPA of 2.5 (out of 4) or higher. to earn a professional certificate in Event Management. The certificate can be completed in as little as six months.
- Complete 6 core courses (8.5 units)
- Complete the 100-hour practicum in the event industry
- Complete the Capstone Portfolio and presentation
- Attend 70% of scheduled classes
- Complete all coursework with a final GPA of 2.5 (out of 4) or higher. Read more about Certificate Benefits and Policy.