Master Offsite SEO Tactics
This course is designed to build upon the onsite SEO concepts and strategies taught in the prior course and to help give students an additional (yet critical) layer of SEO knowledge pertaining strictly to offsite optimization. Ultimately, the offsite SEO process centers around building website authority and doing so in a way that not only builds brand awareness and popularity but also appeals directly to the foundational components of search engine algorithms. This means prioritizing and properly executing tasks that result in the attraction of inbound links, the procurement of social significance signals, appeals to search engine interpretation of author authority and other key metrics that signify greater brand equity, awareness and authority than competing sites.
- Execute some basic local SEO tactics and techniques on a geo-targeted website
- Optimize and audit the technical aspects of a website
- Write optimized website URLs, title tags, meta descriptions and other SEO code elements
- Execute a complete keyword research process from start to finish
- Evaluate competitor's website keyword and strategies
- Examine how website conversion rate optimization (CRO) of code can inform basic suggestions for CRO improvement
- Use and/or evaluate various tools, plugins and the like for executing many of the tasks outlined above
- This course is the first course in the Fundamentals of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Marketing Analytics and is delivered fully online.
- This course is 4 weeks in duration.
- This course consists of four engaging learning modules with fixed deliverable deadlines.
- The course week starts Tuesdays and ends Mondays’.
Number of Units: 1.0 graduate level extension credit(s) in semester hours.
Who Should Attend: This continuing education course is intended for professionals seeking to expand digital marketing skills. Students will obtain the analytical tools to increase brand awareness, sales, and online customer engagement through content creation strategy.
Course Materials: All materials shared via Blackboard.
MKT-X830 SEO: Principles and Onsite Optimization
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s), Professional Programs and Series
- Fundamentals of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Marketing Analytics Program : Fundamentals of SEO and Marketing Analytics Program