Learn How Search Engines Work
This practical Search Engine Optimization (SEO) course is designed to give students a foundational understanding of 'onsite' (SEO). Students will learn how search engines work, the principles behind search engine algorithms and how those algorithms should directly impact your website design process, website layout and onpage keyword usage. Upon course completion, students will not only be familiar with these concepts but also how to directly implement onsite SEO modifications and apply overall best practices when optimizing a website.
- Execute some basic local SEO tactics and techniques on a geo-targeted website
- Optimize and audit the technical aspects of a website
- Write optimized website URLs, title tags, meta descriptions and other SEO code elements
- Execute a complete keyword research process from start to finish
- Evaluate competitor's website keyword and strategies
- Examine how website conversion rate optimization (CRO) of code can inform basic suggestions for CRO improvement
- Use and/or evaluate various tools, plugins and the like for executing many of the tasks outlined above
- This course is the first course in the Fundamentals of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Marketing Analytics and is delivered fully online.
- This course is 4 weeks in duration.
- This course consists of four engaging learning modules with fixed deliverable deadlines.
- The course week starts Tuesdays and ends Mondays’.
Number of Units: 1.0 graduate level extension credit(s) in semester hours.
Who Should Attend: This continuing education course is intended for professionals seeking to expand digital marketing skills. Students will obtain the analytical tools to increase brand awareness, sales, and online customer engagement through content creation strategy.
Course Materials: All materials shared via Blackboard.
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s), Professional Programs and Series
- Fundamentals of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Marketing Analytics Program : Fundamentals of SEO and Marketing Analytics Program