Gain Practical Communication Skills to Enhance Relationships in Our Changing World
This four-part workshop will give the participant an understanding of the types of communication, including their own unique style, and how to communicate with a variety of people. The training will offer discussions and tools to start recognizing and being aware of communication techniques that can enhance relationships and careers. Articles, books, and videos will be recommended to enhance further learning and to enhance the course. The workshop meets for four one-hour sessions covering the following topics:
Session 1: Impacts of Communication - listening in communication
Session 2: Types of Communicators - using your type to your advantage
Session 3: Miscommunication - why, what, when and how to communicate, think before you speak
Session 4: Non-Verbal Communication - impacts and problem-solving skills
No Assignments or Homework Required.
- Understand how you communicate with others and how to improve for effective communication
- Learn communication styles and how they work together effectively
- Understand the effectiveness of listening in communication skills
- Understand miscommunication and how to avoid it
- Learn non-verbal cues and communication through body language that impacts effective communication
- Understand communication for careers, family, and relationships for effective communication
Workshop Format: The workshop sessions will be hosted utilizing the Zoom platform. Once registered, the information sent to students will include the Zoom link to the sessions along with the password.
Number of Units: 0.0 credits, this is a non-credit learning experience
Who Should Attend: Registrants do not need to be students of USD - this workshop is open to anyone and offers beneficial tools and concepts to understand communication skills and how to enhance them in relationships, work and in school.
Instructor: Keisa Williams, MC, teaches psychology, human development, cultural diversity, and communications courses. She has a master's degree in counseling and is certified by the National Diversity Council to conduct Bias and Diversity courses in businesses, schools, and at conferences. She works with students to enhance communication skills to better their future outcomes.