Discover How You Can Provide Impactful Mental Health Ministry to Your Community
This course was designed to provide basic mental health literacy, a rationale for Catholic Mental Health Ministry, elements of Catholic Mental Health Ministry and guidelines for implementing mental health ministry in a parish or school.
- Develop basic mental health literacy as an understanding of common mental health problems, how to reduce stigma associated with mental illness and how to make appropriate referrals for mental health services
- Differentiate mental health treatment from mental health ministry
- Discover organizations that provide educational resources and other supports to mental health ministry
- Learn about specific liturgical resources for mental health ministry
- Explore specific technologies that support the implementation of mental health ministry
- Develop a plan for implementing a mental health ministry in their faith community
Number of Units: 1.0 graduate level extension credit(s) in semester hours
Who Should Attend: This course provides continuing education for Catholic lay ministers, religious, priests, deacons, and school administrators interested in implementing mental health ministries in their parishes or schools.
Course Materials: To be determined.
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s), Professional Programs and Series
- Catholic Mental Health Ministry Series : Catholic Mental Health Ministry Series