Acquire the Skills to Succeed In a Rapidly Changing Marketplace
This course will provide students with a sequential overview of the real estate development process. Through a practical lens, relevant case studies and testimonials from leading industry experts in various facets of the development process, students will explore topics such as, the role of market research and analysis, entitlement processing and permitting, project phasing, and evaluating market opportunities and their feasibility.
- Understand fundamental steps and phases of the real estate development process, to move from concept to completion
- Gain the skills to lead commercial, residential and industrial land use projects
- Analyze key roles and responsibilities of the real estate developer
- Explore feasibility assessment and negotiation techniques
Number of Units: 1.0 graduate level extension credit(s) in semester hours
Who Should Attend: Professionals who wish to obtain a foundation for a career in real estate or students who seek to specialize within this one area of the real estate industry
Course Materials: All materials shared via Blackboard
Remote Learning: The safety of our community is our top priority and we believe that extending remote teaching to support social distancing efforts is the best decision at this time. USD has created a dedicated COVID-19 website to serve as the first stop for the USD community for information. Visit the University’s COVID-19 website (sandiego.edu/coronavirus) for the most current information for the USD community.
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s), Professional Programs and Series
- Real Estate Finance, Investments and Development Certificate : Core Courses - To Enroll and Learn More Click a Course