Explore Project Management Best Practices
Project Management is the application of knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to project oriented activities to meet project requirements. In today’s fast paced business environment now more than ever are organizations are faced with competing aggressively with one another, and so the demand for operational effectiveness and efficiency becomes essential to organizational success.
- Understand the purpose and value of managing projects using a formal and recognized structure
- Explain the methodology behind the knowledge area and process groups chart
- Provide an introduction to project management terminology and proper use Identify the characteristics of a successful project and project manager
- Clarify how project work is associated with program and portfolios and organizational objectives
Number of Units: 1.0 graduate level extension credit(s) in semester hours
Who Should Attend: This course provides continuing education for those seeking a hands-on approach to gaining project management skills and methodologies. Check section notes for focused or specialization topics offered; Ex:. Construction Project Management
- A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide)–Sixth Edition by Project Management Institute bundled with the Agile Practice Guide (2017) by PMI, available at Amazon.com or your local bookstore.
- An Introduction to Project Management, Sixth Edition by Kathy Schwalbe, available at Amazon.com or your local bookstore.
Remote Learning: The safety of our community is our top priority and we believe that extending remote teaching to support social distancing efforts is the best decision at this time. USD has created a dedicated COVID-19 website to serve as the first stop for the USD community for information. Visit the University’s COVID-19 website (sandiego.edu/coronavirus) for the most current information for the USD community.
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s), Professional Programs and Series
- Construction Project Management Certificate : Project Management Construction Certificate