Emotional Intelligence for Aspiring Leaders
The World Economic Forum, in its Future of Jobs Report 2018 named Emotional Intelligence as the number 6 of the top 10 job skills required for jobs through 2020. This course is intended for those aspiring or in a leadership role. Students will explore the emotional side of leading - themselves, others, and organizations. Topics explored include authenticity and integrity, vulnerability, emotional intelligence, mindfulness, personal change management, and gratitude.
Through a practical learning scope, students will apply the topics and tools to their lives throughout the course. Applications will include taking an emotional intelligence assessment and crafting a goal-oriented action plan to continue to develop, mapping out your personal values to understand how you show up and interact with yourself and the world, and exploring rituals you can engage in to connect to where you are to where you want to go.
- Determine your emotional intelligence strengths and opportunities to integrate your emotional awareness and management more deeply
- Identify guiding values and how they impact the authenticity and integrity you bring to work and life
- Gain clarity on what vulnerability looks, sounds, and feels like on a self and others level of leadership
- Integrate emotional intelligence to day to day critical thinking
- Learn about and decide on a ritual you can establish to carry out the emotional work of leadership past the course
Number of Units: 2.0 graduate level extension credit(s) in semester hours
Who Should Attend: This course provides continuing education to those seeking to enhance their professional portfolio, new to seasoned professionals, aspiring leaders, and those who are interested in improving interpersonal and team-based communication skills in a business setting can benefit from this course.
Course Materials: All required materials are listed below and available at Amazon.com or your local bookstore. Additional course materials to be shared via Dropbox.
- Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead by Brene Brown
- Emotional Intelligence 2.0 by Travis Bradberry, Jean Greaves and Patrck M. Lencioni, with Foreword by Brene Brown
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s), Professional Programs and Series
- Essential Leadership Skills Series : Essential Leadership Skills Series