Design or Revise New Curriculum with this Convenient Online Self-Paced Course. Enroll by February 5th and Save 12% at Checkout!
Enrollment opens January 6, 2020. Mark your calendar!
This course is designed for educators in the K-12 classroom who would like to prepare new curriculum or revise existing curriculum to create a positive school year. Participants will choose the instructor they feel best fits their education background and then move on to create a coursework plan which will detail the curriculum they would like to design or revise. After instructor approval of their coursework plan participants will receive instructor feedback as they move through creating their curriculum. The coursework plan can include the introduction of new materials, design lessons, implement new resources, or anything else educators feel would be an positive component to the curriculum for their classroom.
You will choose between 2, 4, or 6 semester units (choose only one option) and complete the course over the Spring/Summer term with our online self-paced format.* Work at your own pace within a fixed-date time frame and receive instructors feedback after each assignment that is submitted. You will create a coursework plan and will work towards a culminating project of a portfolio that details all of your planning and preparation.
Course begins March 6, 2020. Final submission for all sections is due on or before August 24, 2020.
*This course is Online Self-Paced but with a Fixed-Date end date. Online Self-Paced courses are a perfect blend of accessibility, convenience and flexibility for you to control your learning pace. Your instructor will provide feedback via written responses on your assignments and final project. Grades are based on assignments and completed projects. Final project is due on or before the last date of the schedule. Transcript completion date will reflect the date final project is submitted.
Steps to Enroll:
- Choose between 6, 4 or 2- unit options.
- 6-Unit: Enrollment available January 6 through June 29, 2020
- 4-Unit: Enrollment available January 6 through July 6, 2020
- 2-Unit: Enrollment available January 6 through July 20, 2020
- Choose an Instructor - Instructor Bios Each Instructor has a 6, 4 and 2-unit section. Enroll today to ensure your first choice of instructor is available!
- Create curriculum to foster positive classroom learning
- Identify new curriculum that needs to be created and/or existing curriculum that needs to be revised
- Use instructor feedback to design new projects, lessons, and materials for curriculum
- Get an early and positive start on creating curriculum that can be used in your upcoming school year
Number or Units: 2, 4 or 6 unit section options available for graduate level extension credits in semester hours. Select only one.
Who Should Attend: K-12 educators interested in planning customized curriculum and/or lesson plans ahead of the next school year.
Course Format: Online Self-Paced* to be completed within the set dates:
- 6-unit section March 6 - August 24, 2020 (6 check-ins plus final project)
- 4-unit section March 6 - August 24, 2020 (4 check-ins plus final project)
- 2-unit section March 6 - August 24, 2020 (2 check-ins plus final project)
*Online Self-Paced courses are a perfect blend of accessibility, convenience and flexibility for you to control your learning pace. Your instructor will provide feedback via written responses on your submissions and final project.
Grades are based on Gallery submission and your final project. You have until August 24, 2020 to complete the course. Transcript completion date will reflect the date final project is submitted.
Course Materials: None
Instructors: Various experienced and qualified K-12 educators.