Analyze Project Inputs and Outputs for Successful Project Plans
This course serves as an introduction to project schedule, cost, and risk management knowledge areas. Students will learn to apply analytical perspectives to understand project inputs and outputs to construct proper project plans, as well as, reviewing available resources to leverage in constructing and keeping project plans on track.
- Develop a Project Schedule and learn methods for analyzing the Schedule
- Describe financial planning decisions that impact the Project Initiation Process
- Identify project Risk Management Processes
- Define Risk Categories and Design a Probability & Impact Matrix
- Create a Risk Register with detailed risk descriptions and mitigations
Number of Units: 2.0 graduate level extension credit(s) in semester hours
Who Should Attend: This course provides continuing education for entry-level to seasoned professionals seeking a hands-on approach to gaining project management skills and understanding of practical methodologies. This includes current managers or project leads seeking to formalize their training for salary or career advancement.
Instructor: USD's Instructional team consists of experienced practitioners from the Project Management industry who will provide a stimulating and participative learning environment for each course. The instructors in this certificate program have many years of combined experiences, tales from the trenches, actual case scenarios and expertise to share with all project management students.
Required Course Materials:
- A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide)–Sixth Edition by Project Management Institute bundled with the Agile Practice Guide (2017) by PMI, available at Amazon.com or your local bookstore.
- An Introduction to Project Management, Sixth Edition by Kathy Schwalbe, available at Amazon.com or your local bookstore.
- Recommended - Not Required Exam Prep: Ninth Edition by Rita Mulcahy, available at store.rmcproject.com or your local bookstore.
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s), Professional Programs and Series
- Project Management Certificate : To Enroll and Learn More Click a Course Below