Discover the Importance of Real Estate Market Analysis in the Development, Acquisition and Management of Commercial and Multifamily Real Estate
This course is aimed at providing students with a foundational understanding for real estate market analysis, reviewing highest and best uses for a given site and a longer-term planning vision for a market site. In addition, students will focus on various property types including but not limited to housing, office, industrial and retail property. Students will also identify demand and supply, management and marketing issues and forces, which drive rents and prices.
- Identify general economic drivers that affect various real-estate types
- Recognize the real-estate market analysis process for office, retail, and industrial and multi-family product types
- Demonstrate independent research on market trends and market analysis
- Assess the planning, regulatory and community issues facing landowners
- Generate models for decisions relating to based on supply/demand dynamics
- Be capable of working on team projects, presenting and professionally delivering reports
- Understand and utilize sensitivity analysis in the evaluations of properties
- Complete basic discounted cash-flow (DCF) analysis
Number of Units: 1.0 graduate level extension credit(s) in semester hours
Who Should Attend: Brokers, property managers, asset managers, financial analysts, commercial lenders, and real estate researchers will benefit from this course.
Course Materials: No textbooks required for this course. All course materials will be shared via DropBox.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Discounted cash flow analysis experience recommended
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s), Professional Programs and Series
- Real Estate Finance, Investments and Development Certificate : Elective Courses - To Enroll and Learn More Click a Course