Minimize Impacts on Time, Scope and Cost
This course will explore the fundamentals of Project Quality Management. Students will also survey Project Procurement Management, Contract Negotiations Make-or-Buy Analysis, Just-in-Time Procurement, and how to Monitor & Control contracts while paying attention to all details.
- Define total quality management and compare it with traditional management
- Compare an organization's process improvement plan and strategic plan
- Outline the steps necessary to implement a Quality Management Plan
- Define supply management and understand its impact on a firm's performance
- Monitor and Control executed project procurements and strategic management of stakeholders
Number of Units: 2.0 graduate level extension credit(s) in semester hours
Who Should Attend: This course provides continuing education for entry-level to seasoned professionals seeking a hands-on approach to gaining project management skills and understanding of practical methodologies. This includes current managers or project leads seeking to formalize their training for salary or career advancement.
Instructor: USD's Instructional team consists of experienced practitioners from the Project Management industry who will provide a stimulating and participative learning environment for each course. The instructors in this certificate program have many years of combined experiences, tales from the trenches, actual case scenarios and expertise to share with all project management students.
Required Course Materials:
- A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide)–Sixth Edition by Project Management Institute bundled with the Agile Practice Guide (2017) by PMI, available at Amazon.com or your local bookstore.
- An Introduction to Project Management, Sixth Edition by Kathy Schwalbe, available at Amazon.com or your local bookstore.
- Recommended - Not Required Exam Prep: Ninth Edition by Rita Mulcahy, available at store.rmcproject.com or your local bookstore.
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s), Professional Programs and Series
- Project Management Certificate : Required Courses (for continuing PM Cert Candidates using PMBOK 6th edition)