Learn to Apply Agile Methodology to Projects
This course serves as an introduction to the Project Communication, Resource, and Agile Management frameworks. The successful outcome of a project team varies directly with the skills of the team leader. With a focus on the project management of Stakeholders, Project Resources and Communications, students learn to apply Agile Methodology to assess team health, resource allocation, and needs.
- Describe the planning, executing, monitoring and controlling practices for stakeholder and project information communication
- Construct a Project Communications Management Plan
- Understand how and when to acquire resources when developing your project team
- Construct a Resource Management Plan
- Define Agile Methodology and learn the 12 Principles behind the Agile Manifesto
- Understand how to start a basic Scrum Framework
Number of Units: 2.0 graduate level extension credit(s) in semester hours
Who Should Attend: This course provides continuing education for entry-level to seasoned professionals seeking a hands-on approach to gaining project management skills and understanding of practical methodologies. This includes current managers or project leads seeking to formalize their training for salary or career advancement.
Instructor: USD's Instructional team consists of experienced practitioners from the Project Management industry who will provide a stimulating and participative learning environment for each course. The instructors in this certificate program have many years of combined experiences, tales from the trenches, actual case scenarios and expertise to share with all project management students.
Required Course Materials:
- A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide)–Sixth Edition by Project Management Institute bundled with the Agile Practice Guide (2017) by PMI, available at Amazon.com or your local bookstore.
- An Introduction to Project Management, Sixth Edition by Kathy Schwalbe, available at Amazon.com or your local bookstore.
- Recommended - Not Required Exam Prep: Ninth Edition by Rita Mulcahy, available at store.rmcproject.com or your local bookstore.
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s), Professional Programs and Series
- Project Management Certificate : To Enroll and Learn More Click a Course Below