Strengthen Your Project Management Skills and Knowledge
Learn how projects align with an organization’s programs and portfolios to achieve overall objectives. This course will provide students with a foundational perspective on Project Management. This overview course will explore specific concepts related to the 10 Knowledge Areas that support the application of project management knowledge, skills, tools and techniques.
- Gain an understanding of the project manager’s role and the skills necessary to be a successful project manager who takes the right steps to lead a team and manage a project
- Gain a high-level understanding of project Integration Management and its progressive elaboration throughout the Project Life Cycle
- Consider all project work and determine the known risks, unknown risks, and the comprehensive identification of all possible mitigations
- Define the contract types and the best choice of contract for the industry of project work based on dynamic variables
- Recognize the difference between predictive and agile approaches to project management
Number of Units: 2.0 graduate level extension credit(s) in semester hours
Who Should Attend: This course provides continuing education for those seeking a hands-on approach to gaining project management skills and methodologies.
Instructor: USD's Instructional team consists of experienced practitioners from the Project Management industry who will provide a stimulating and participative learning environment for each course. The instructors in this certificate program have many years of combined experiences, tales from the trenches, actual case scenarios and expertise to share with all project management students.
Required Course Materials:
- A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide)–Sixth Edition by Project Management Institute bundled with the Agile Practice Guide (2017) by PMI, available at Amazon.com or your local bookstore.
- An Introduction to Project Management, Sixth Edition by Kathy Schwalbe, available at Amazon.com or your local bookstore.
- Recommended - Not Required Exam Prep: Ninth Edition by Rita Mulcahy, available at store.rmcproject.com or your local bookstore.
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s), Professional Programs and Series
- Project Management Certificate : To Enroll and Learn More Click a Course Below