Master Construction Stakeholder Management
In this course, we will address Stakeholders in construction and how to identify understand their impact and influence throughout a project life cycle. Students will review case studies and discuss how to navigate labor unions, insurance, and regulatory agencies. Students will explore health, safety, security, and other environmental considerations to overcome common pitfalls and adversity in construction projects. Students will also learn about working in the field and the necessary zoning, signage, permits, and environmental programs to be aware of during a construction project. Finally, this course will also address Financial Management, funding, and analytical techniques to determine which projects are right for their organization and project teams.
- Gain mastery in stakeholder management at a level that will empower you to effectively relate and communicate with members of the community, labor unions, insurance and other regulatory agencies
- Depict the HSSE considerations that could negatively impact your project and resources and realize how to adhere to requirements that will positively influence cost of safety, cost of environment, and cost of environment
- Understand circumstances that must be addressed on every construction project in order to make certain you have proper zoning, signage, plans for emergencies, waste management, and hazard risk analysis
- Complete an in-depth review of financial and accounting management and systems in order to have the ability to conduct analytical techniques
Number of Units: 2.0 graduate level extension credit(s) in semester hours
Who Should Attend: This continuing education course is intended for those who seek to an understanding of a project manager's role within the construction industry.
- Construction Extension to the PMBOK® Guide by Project Management Institute, available at Amazon.com or your local bookstore.
- A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide)–Sixth Edition by Project Management Institute bundled with the Agile Practice Guide (2017) by PMI, available at Amazon.com or your local bookstore.
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s), Professional Programs and Series
- Construction Project Management Certificate : Project Management Construction Certificate