Master Resource, Risk and Communications Management
This course will teach students about Resource Management skills necessary to identify the key players in the project and how to prepare and deliver focused presentations. Students will learn the details of Information and Communication Technology, and Project Information Management Systems to communicate with teams and corporate stakeholders. Students will also learn how Risk Management tools and techniques like Fault Tree Analysis, Risk Identification, and Failure Modes and Effects Analysis are used to mitigate risk events from occurring. This class also includes Procurement Management methods for understanding the Contractor vs. Owner perspective, Supply Chain, generating SOW’s, and how to Monitor and Control projects through closure.
- Identify resource and communications management for the construction industry
- Understand how conflict arises and gain insight into a measure that can be taken to mitigate issue from escalating to the point of impact project work
- Analyze risk management and the challenges in the construction industry
- Partnerships, and even International projects that elevate the need for detailed risk planning
Number of Units: 2.0 graduate level extension credit(s) in semester hours
Who Should Attend: This continuing education course is intended for those who seek to an understanding of a project manager's role within the construction industry.
- Construction Extension to the PMBOK® Guide by Project Management Institute, available at Amazon.com or your local bookstore.
- A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide)–Sixth Edition by Project Management Institute bundled with the Agile Practice Guide (2017) by PMI, available at Amazon.com or your local bookstore
"Our instructor was very knowledgeable and made me feel like he was sincerely interested in seeing everyone in the class succeed. He offered great feedback and constructive criticism in a very non confrontational way." - Jerry Diaz
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s), Professional Programs and Series
- Construction Project Management Certificate : Project Management Construction Certificate