Identify Components of Project Scope Management
The purpose of this course is to provide students with an in-depth understanding of Scope Management and the steps necessary to develop a project schedule. We will cover the differences, challenges, and opportunities when working with General Contractors and Subcontractors. Students will practice schedule analysis techniques to keep projects on schedule and budget. Case studies and project scenarios will be leveraged to learn how to best utilize Earned Value Management, and Estimating to construct work packages that are manageable. Quality Management will cover modern techniques used.
- Define Scope Management and call-out the common aspects of construction project management that create special scope challenges
- Create and monitor a Schedule Management plan using Activity Defining, Sequencing, WBS Construction, and Verification and Validation methods
- Construct a Cost Management plan that identifies unique cost elements and considerations of construction project management
- Learn how to measure project performance utilizing Earned Value Management, Estimating, and Forecasting
- Explain Quality Management principles that drive successful construction projects and gain an understanding of Modern Quality Management
Number of Units: 2.0 graduate level extension credit(s) in semester hours
Who Should Attend: This continuing education course is intended for those who seek to an understanding of a project manager's role within the construction industry.
- Construction Extension to the PMBOK® Guide by Project Management Institute, available at Amazon.com or your local bookstore.
- A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide)–Sixth Edition by Project Management Institute bundled with the Agile Practice Guide (2017) by PMI, available at Amazon.com or your local bookstore
Remote Learning: The safety of our community is our top priority and we believe that extending remote teaching to support social distancing efforts is the best decision at this time. USD has created a dedicated COVID-19 website to serve as the first stop for the USD community for information. Visit the University’s COVID-19 website (sandiego.edu/coronavirus) for the most current information for the USD community.
"Great instructor, Excellent job with the course." - Josh Dulyea
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s), Professional Programs and Series
- Construction Project Management Certificate : Project Management Construction Certificate