Credit Validation Only
Eligibility: Graduates of California POST’s Command College from Class 45 and later are eligible for credit validation.
Note: This purchase requires the approval of your formal application. If you have not yet applied for credit validation, please return to the previous page and click the Apply button. If you attempt to enroll in this class by adding it to your cart before you’ve applied, you will be prompted to start your application.
- Promote ethical and effective leadership for law enforcement and public safety organizations by nurturing a series of leadership skills that represent the most current best practices for encouraging integrity and creating a culture of ethical awareness within law enforcement institutions
- Develop law enforcement and public safety knowledge and skills for the 21st Century by cultivating the analytical skills, critical thinking strategies, communication abilities, legal awareness, and financial and budgetary competencies essential for effective management in law enforcement and criminal justice
- Engage in law enforcement and public safety institutional assessment and change by learning and practicing the research methodologies and statistical tools for ethical, efficient and effective institutional assessment that will shape and refine our criminal justice system
- Gain critical understanding of modern criminology and criminal justice issues including street gangs, white-collar crime, transnational drug trafficking organizations, recidivism, and law enforcement ethics to crime mapping technology
Number of Units: 12.0 graduate-level extension credit(s) in semester hours
PrerequisitesSuccessful completion of California POST Command College.
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s), Professional Programs and Series
- Law Enforcement Command Certificate : Credit Validation Course with option of Certificate