Maximize Chromebook Use in the Classroom to Enhance Student Learning and Motivation
This innovative course introduces educators to exciting and best ways to use Chromebooks in the K-12 classroom. Discover, in detail, how to effectively and efficiently use Chromebooks with students. Teachers will learn how to integrate 21st Century digital skills to facilitate student learning, skill acquisition, and motivation. Educators are encouraged to apply the knowledge gained to develop lesson plans for immediate implementation in their classrooms.
- Explore the use of Chromebooks in the classroom to maximize technology utilization
- Learn how the Google Apps for Education suite of applications can enhance learning with Chromebooks
- Create technology projects that can be implemented in the classroom
- Understand how Chromebooks can positively affect learning, skill acquisition, and motivation
This course can be taken individually and is part of the Learning and Teaching in a K-12 Digital Classroom Series.
- Become aware of Chromebooks' uniqueness from the student and educator perspectives
- Learn multiple Chromebook applications and extensions to use as an educator, and for students in the classroom
- Understand and reflect on the relevant research that supports Chromebook adoption and use
- Create a digital portfolio of projects completed
- Develop a curriculum unit for immediate use in the classroom
Number of Units: 2.0 graduate level extension credit(s) in semester hours
Who Should Attend: This course provides continuing education for teachers (Grade K-12) interested in optimizing the use of Chromebooks in the classroom to increase student learning and motivation.
Course Materials: No textbook is required for this course. Participants must have a Chromebook device and a Google account to complete assignments.
Technical Requirements: For this course, Chrome is the recommended browser, as you will be working entirely in Chromebooks.
"This course really stretched me! I feel much more confident in my work with my students and teachers with Chromebooks and Google APPs for Education. I deeply appreciated your patience and the laser focus with your feedback.” -- Vincent Diaz, DoDEA Principal
"I learned so many great things in this class--utilizing Screencastify to create teaching videos, creating Google Drawings, creating a website in Google Sites, and so much more. This course was exactly what I needed to push me out of my comfort zone and toward comfort in exposing my students to vital 21st century learning experiences. I've already shared my excitement about all that I learned with many of my colleagues. I plan to share what I can and will certainly recommend this course for more in depth learning.” -- Adrienne Asdal, 4th Grade Educator
"The class on Chromebooks was a concise introduction to how to use Chromebooks. The assignments are simple and allowed me to practice with all the functions and explore the different apps available through Chromebook. It also forced me to take the time to explore the many apps and extensions out there, which I admittedly probably wouldn’t have done otherwise. In the process, I found a lot of interesting apps and extensions that will be super beneficial to my students and myself. I am now feeling much more tech-savvy." -- Kayla Cahoon, Middle School Educator, Los Angeles, CA
"As a classroom teacher I found Chromebooks in the Classroom a great learning tool for how to incorporate Chromebooks into my classroom on a daily basis. The hands-on assignments made it easy to learn and understand. I can see this being a great resource both for myself and my students.” -- S. Davies, 2nd Grade Educator
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s), Professional Programs and Series
- *Remote Teaching and Learning Series : Courses - Choose One or More
- Google for Teachers Series : Courses - Enroll in One or More
- Learning and Teaching in a K-12 Digital Classroom Series : Courses - Enroll in One or More