Discover How Digital Teaching Can Enhance Student Learning in Your Classroom
Digital Literacies for the 21st Century Classroom focuses on what digital literacies mean and provides students with an introduction to the emerging technologies and pedagogically relevant resources to promote student learning in our schools. This course will also look at the influence technology has on the Common Core State Standards.
Students will develop basic levels of digital literacy skills and acquire a shared understanding of the language related to technology implementation in education. They will analyze research surrounding both the technical and pedagogical aspects of a variety of mobile technologies, understand the capabilities and limitations of technology in education, and apply their learning to their current educational contexts.
This course is part of the Learning and Teaching in a K-12 Digital Classroom Series, which focuses on the use of emerging technologies to promote student learning in our schools.
- Analyze research on the effect of technology on student learning
- Analyze and utilize digital literacies
- Utilize digital literacies
- Access and evaluate online content and resources
- Interpret the language related to mobile devices and the implementation of technology in the classroom
- Explain the role technology plays on the Common Core State Standards
Number of Units: 1.0 graduate level extension credit(s) in semester hours
Who Should Attend: This course provides continuing education for teachers and administrators (K-12) interested in learning how to plan and implement a digital learning program.
Course Materials: No text book requirement
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s), Professional Programs and Series
- Learning and Teaching in a K-12 Digital Classroom Series : Courses - Enroll in One or More