The GRE presents multiple choice question types that measure verbal and quantitative (math) reasoning as well as analytical writing skills. USD’s course provides critical reading and writing methods for students to aggressively tackle the exam. A thorough review of basic and complex math principles sharpens the ability to move smoothly through the GRE.
The USD Preparation Course
- Diagnoses and remedies individual difficulties through seminar discussion and review.
- Builds test-taking confidence and competence to help you attain your highest possible score.
- Review each question type to help you assess your strengths and weaknesses. Our instructors take the exam apart to show you how it is put together, teaching you specific strategies and tactics for each type of question.
- Learn the format and grasp the proper approach to complex questions. Make educated split-second decisions, and know when to work out a problem on paper.
- Discuss questions with the instructor in an interactive format, focusing on particular problem areas and questions, to practice valuable techniques and correct errors before the actual exam.
Number of Units: N/A
Who Should Attend: Students/graduates seeking to complete the Graduate Record Examinations (GRE).
Course Format: Online and Classroom formats are both available. Technical requirements for online course.
Required Textbooks: Required books are: GRE Official Guide, 3rd edition (ISBN-13: 978-1259862410), GRE Verbal Reasoning Practice Questions, 2nd edition (ISBN-13: 978-1259863486) and GRE Quantitative Reasoning Practice Questions, 2nd edition (ISBN-13: 978-1259863509 ). These can be purchased as a bundle Amazon.com.
Retake Course for 1 year – Students may retake the course for a one year period without paying additional tuition Please be aware that a $25 student processing fee is required for all course retakes and if editions have changed, new course materials may need to be purchased.
Considering USD's Graduate School of Business? You'll want to check out their generous reimbursement policies. If you matriculate to one of their programs that require GRE or GMAT scores, you'll have the cost of your test preparation course reimbursed in the form of a Test Preparation Reimbursement Scholarship. Additional information can be found on their website.