Credit Validation for Mathematics Vision Project Participants Only
Come and hear from the Authors of the Mathematics Vision Project (MVP) materials. The author team has a wealth of experience in education and teacher training. With many years of professional development, curriculum development and classroom teaching the MVP team will share with you the many quality practices that promote a depth of understanding. The MVP team has authored and shared the MVP curriculum as a new and innovative open educational resource and is eager to share the framework on which the curriculum is built to better inform practitioners so that they can make quality instructional decisions and increase student learning.
The MVP team is made up of classroom teachers, curriculum directors, math specialists and university professors.
In this training you will work with the MVP team and collaborate with other district leaders.
- Provide differentiated support for teachers as they implement MVP
- Support effective Professional Learning Communities (PLC’s)
- Take the next step in planning professional development
- Dig deeper into Comprehensive Mathematics Instruction (CMI) Framework
- Enlist stakeholders (parents, teachers, students, and administrators)
- Professional Development tasks to take and use: protocol for examining student work, practical implementation of the essential PLC questions, CMI as a tool for assessment and working with your teachers
Number of Units: 1.0 graduate level extension credits in semester hours
Who Should Attend: This course provides continuing education for all High School Math teachers that are seeking to implement the Common Core Standards.
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s), Professional Programs and Series
- Mathematics Vision Project (MVP) Conference : Enroll for Graduate Extension Credit