Become Certified as an Engineer-in-Training (EIT)
Prepare for the Fundamentals of Engineering Exam. This comprehensive course includes online resources for today's busy engineering professionals interested in preparing to pass the State Examination to become certified as an Engineer-in-Training (EIT) - a step towards licensure as a Professional Engineer (PE) that gives you a competitive advantage over your peers. The course is geared toward passing the NCEES Computer Based Tests (CBTs) on the first attempt.
The course includes study tips on how best to prepare for the exam and practice tests to provide a glance into a real exam. Each class is highly interactive and provides ample time for your questions.
- Develop test taking efficient and successful strategies
- Master FE Exam time management methods
- Review FE Exam specific topics using the NCEES Fundamentals of Engineering Handbook of Equations
- Review strategic use of the NCEES Fundamentals of Engineering Handbook to answer exam questions
- Review FE Exam-type questions
- Master the use of the NCEES approved Casio FX-115ES Plus calculator for use specifically for the FE Exam
Number of Units: 3
Who Should Attend: Engineers seeking to complete the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) Exam.
Course Format: Lectures and interactive seminar style classroom instruction.
Instructor: Ernie Kim, PhD, PE, is an Associate Professor of Electrical Engineering at the University of San Diego. He has over ten years of experience in industry with positions at Burroughs Corporation, the U.S. National Bureau of Standards, and Ipitek, and he has published scholar papers including Active and Non-Linear Electronics, for J Wiley and Sons. Dr. Kim earned a BSEE from the University of Hawaii, and a MSEE and PhD from New Mexico State University.
- Casio FX-115ES Plus Calculator
- The EIT/FE Exam "HOW TO PASS ON YOUR FIRST TRY": FastTrack: Over 330 Practice Problems! by Patrick J. Shepherd P.E. PMP available at Amazon.com or your local bookstore
- NCEES FE Reference Handbook, Rev 9.3, 2015 (free download)
Recommended but not required:
- Fundamentals of Engineering: FE/EIT Exam Preparation (19th edition) by Kaplan Engineering available at Amazon.com or your local bookstore
Retake Course for 1 year – Students may retake the course for a one year period without paying additional tuition, please be aware that a $25 student processing fee is required for all course retakes and new course materials may need to be purchased.
PrerequisitesEngineering degree or appropriate experience and math skills
"Dr. Kim - I passed, I passed :)!!!!!! Thank you so much! Your class was instrumental in my success, so I cannot thank you enough! I'm hoping this will be my ticket finally into my field (chemical engineering) :-). I will definitely refer fellow colleagues to your course."
– Marjorie G.
"Ernie, I passed my FE exam. I took your advice after bombing the electrical, tool the other disciplines, and passed. Thanks for the class, and thanks for the insight into the test. It made all the difference."
– Mike T.
"Dr. Kim - Passed!!! Thanks so much for an excellent class!!!"
– Alex M.
"Hi Ernie, I passed the EIT!!!!!"
– Hong K.
"Dr. Kim - I just received my exam results from the October FE exam and am proud to say I passed. I wanted to thank you very much for the review course you taught. I felt very prepared going into the exam and felt confident after the exam. The most critical items that I learned in your classes were the simplest items, how to use my calculator specifically for this exam and being extremely familiar with the FE Handbook. Thank you so much."
– Courtney M. EIT