Learn to Use these Free Tools to Create and Share Information
Google's G Suite for Education offers a free cloud-based resource for collaboration and creativity. Using G Suite for Education as an educator can save time, paper, and storage space on one's computer. With Google tools teachers can foster 21st Century Skills while creating a safe learning environment for students. In this course, educators will learn the basics of some of the Google tools, while designing lessons and units for students aligned with Common Core State Standards and International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) Technology Standards.
This course can be taken individually and is part of the Learning and Teaching in a K-12 Digital Classroom Series or the Google for Teachers Series.
- Become familiar with G Suite for Education and current uses in K-14 education
- Design a collaborative unit using Google Apps, Common Core State Standards and ISTE Standards and standards aligned rubrics
- Use Google Forms to create formative assessments and surveys
- Use Google Sites to create student portfolios
- Learn strategies for keeping students safe in an online environment
- Discover other Google and Web 2.0 tools
Number of Units: 3.0 graduate level extension credit(s) in semester hours
Who Should Attend: This course provides continuing education for teachers (Grades K-14) interested in technology tools that will enhance classroom improvement.
Course Materials: Recommended Text (Not Required), Google Apps Meets Common Core by Michael Graham, available at Amazon.com or your local bookstore. This text would be helpful to those that have not used Google previously.
Note: This course has been revised and is now a three-unit course. (beginning 7/1/2018)
"One of the best online classroom experiences I've had." -- Jodi Disario, San Jose Unified School District
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s), Professional Programs and Series
- Google for Teachers Series : Courses - Enroll in One or More
- Learning and Teaching in a K-12 Digital Classroom Series : Courses - Enroll in One or More