Build Knowledge of Offsite SEO Strategies to Complement Onsite SEO and Create a True Synergistic Effect
This course is designed to build upon the onsite SEO concepts and strategies taught in the prior course and to help give students an additional (yet critical) layer of SEO knowledge pertaining strictly to offsite optimization. Ultimately, the offsite SEO process centers around building website authority and doing so in a way that not only builds brand awareness and popularity but also appeals directly to the foundational components of search engine algorithms. This means prioritizing and properly executing tasks that result in the attraction of inbound links, the procurement of social significance signals, appeals to search engine interpretation of author authority and other key metrics that signify greater brand equity, awareness and authority than competing sites.
- Use advanced search operators to unearth new link building opportunities
- Execute broken link building initiatives
- Identify key influencers for content marketing campaigns
- Build and execute content marketing campaigns which includes: executing content marketing research, executing competitive research, creating link assets, executing basic social promotional strategies, and executing webmaster outreach
- Perform basic tactics for outsourcing content creation and/or other parts of the content marketing process to reliable vetted 3rd parties
Number of Units: 1.0 graduate level extension credit(s) in semester hours
Who Should Attend: This course would be helpful/suitable for anyone either currently in a digital marketing role or aspiring to be in a digital marketing role, who is relatively unfamiliar with SEO and who aspires to learn more. Business owners would also benefit greatly from the content being taught in this course. Due to the multi-faceted nature of SEO, the subject matter in this class will be particularly helpful to those with an interest or foundational understanding of Social Media, Website Design and Marketing Copywriting
Course Materials: All materials shared via Blackboard
Remote Learning: The safety of our community is our top priority and we believe that extending remote teaching to support social distancing efforts is the best decision at this time. USD has created a dedicated COVID-19 website to serve as the first stop for the USD community for information. Visit the University’s COVID-19 website (sandiego.edu/coronavirus) for the most current information for the USD community.
"It was a very good, well-rounded class offering great insight to current brand and website trends, along with tools to keep you going..." -- Pelle Atterholm
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s), Professional Programs and Series
- Strategic Online Marketing Certificate : Core Courses - To Enroll and Learn More Click a Course Below