Understand How Search Engines Work
This practical Search Engine Optimization (SEO), course is designed to give students a foundational understanding of 'onsite' (SEO). Students will learn how search engines work, the principles behind search engine algorithms and how those algorithms should directly impact your website design process, website layout and onpage keyword usage. Upon course completion, students will not only be familiar with these concepts but also how to directly implement onsite SEO modifications and apply overall best practices when optimizing a website.
- Learn the fundamentals of ‘local’ SEO and to execute some basic local SEO tactics and techniques on a geo-targeted website
- Locate, create, customize, optimize and upload XML sitemaps & robots txt files
- Optimize and implement 301 redirects and understand best practices for page and/or site redirection
- Write optimized website URLs, title tags and meta descriptions
- Manage and/or execute a complete keyword research process from start to finish as well as evaluate competitor's keyword and strategies
- Understand the fundamentals behind website conversion rate optimization (CRO) and offer basic suggestions for CRO improvement
- Use and/or evaluate various tools, plugins and the like for executing many of the tasks outlined above
Number of Units: 1.0 graduate level extension credit(s) in semester hours
Who Should Attend: This continuing education course is intended for professionals seeking expand digital marketing skills. Students will obtain the analytical tools to increase brand awareness of company or organization, sales and online customer engagement through content creation strategy.
Course Materials: All materials shared via Blackboard
Remote Learning: The safety of our community is our top priority and we believe that extending remote teaching to support social distancing efforts is the best decision at this time. USD has created a dedicated COVID-19 website to serve as the first stop for the USD community for information. Visit the University’s COVID-19 website (sandiego.edu/coronavirus) for the most current information for the USD community.
"I now have a better understanding of the underlying factors that affect many of our clients web performance." — Meigan Mell
"Some of the changes that I applied to the website started to show on google index after couple days." — Sergio Leon
"This course emphasized the need to move forward with technology in our organization. Yes I would recommend this course because I was able to focus on a few things I can do to make our organization a better place to work." — Angelica Corral
"The course is directly in line with my goals of building and optimizing relevant websites. I feel this course provides the most up-to-date and professional instruction available in the current format." — Jeff Herrig
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s), Professional Programs and Series
- Strategic Online Marketing Certificate : Core Courses - To Enroll and Learn More Click a Course Below