Manage High Performance Nonprofit Teams
This course is designed to provide participants with the skills needed to manage nonprofit teams, including, executive staff, management staff, line staff and volunteers. Students will explore nonprofit leadership supervisory skills, human resource basics, legal and ethical considerations and best practices in regard to employee relations.
- Lead successful nonprofit teams
- Implement employee/volunteer training and education
- Create an Injury Illness Prevention Program (IIPP)
- Understand management fundamentals and human resource basics
- Develop a crisis and risk management program
Number of Units: 1.0 graduate level extension credit(s) in semester hours
Who Should Attend: This course provides continuing education to nonprofit sector employees, professionals transitioning to the nonprofit sector, current or prospective board members, or potential or veteran volunteers will benefit from this research-based program.
Required Materials: Employer's Legal Handbook, The: Manage Your Employees & Workplace Effectively by Fred S. Steingold, available at Amazon.com or your local bookstore.Technical Requirements
"I am more knowledgeable in risk management and am better prepared for a crisis situation. Having this course under my belt will help build my experience when applying for higher positions." — Katie, Make-A-Wish
"I enjoyed this class. It has drawn me to another level of thinking and how to operate in the workplace and my personal life."
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s), Professional Programs and Series
- Nonprofit Management Certificate : Core Courses - To Enroll and Learn More Click a Course Below