Champion Real Estate Legal Concepts
This course will provide an overview of all legal aspects of acquiring, developing and operating commercial projects. The course curriculum will be taught from a hands-on perspective, focusing upon core legal principles utilizing numerous case studies, and a variety of sample legal documents.
- Evaluate interests and identify limitations and restrictions of the use of real property
- Understand the legal principles applicable to site acquisition
- Learn about title and physical due diligence
- Understand environmental issues and CEQA processing affecting development
- Learn the financing, construction and leasing of income properties and manage deal documentation
Number of Units: 1.0 graduate level extension credit(s) in semester hours
Who Should Attend: Professionals who wish to obtain a foundation for a career in real estate or students who seek to specialize within this one area of the real estate industry
Course Materials: All materials shared via Blackboard
Remote Learning: The safety of our community is our top priority and we believe that extending remote teaching to support social distancing efforts is the best decision at this time. USD has created a dedicated COVID-19 website to serve as the first stop for the USD community for information. Visit the University’s COVID-19 website (sandiego.edu/coronavirus) for the most current information for the USD community.
"This course was fantastic. The learning environment was professional, warm, and friendly. I learned a lot and would recommend it to anyone starting a new career in real estate or wanting to further their education." -- Steve Gildred, Assistant Project Manager, The Lomas Santa Fe Group
"I learned much in the field of Real Estate Law " -- Pasha Johnson, Commercial Mortgage Banker, PSR
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s), Professional Programs and Series
- Real Estate Finance, Investments and Development Certificate : Core Courses - To Enroll and Learn More Click a Course