Be A Changemaker. Move From Teacher to Teacher Leader - A Fully Online Course
Evaluating the strengths of your school's programs and determining areas for continued growth and improvement are an essential component of being a school leader. Knowing and understanding program requirements, what to evaluate and measure and the resources to make you effective at this task, are important leadership tasks. This course will introduce you to the data resources, the mandated requirements, tools and monitoring procedures that will help you be a teacher leader or school administrator who can effectively analyze a school's performance and areas for change. This course is part of the Teacher Leader Certificate program that provides training in educational issues, laws, and programs to enable you to transition into teacher leader roles on your campus. You will also examine the requirements of the California Preliminary Administrative Credential Exam (CPACE) and develop your own plan for professional development.
- Think like a teacher leader AND administrator
- Understand and have a grounding in the state mandated program evaluation procedures
- Familiarize yourself with the resources and tools for effective program analysis
- Become comfortable and familiar with data resources for school program monitoring
- Understand the regulations, requirements and procedures of school accreditation
- Lead your school or district in action plan development for schoolwide improvement
Number of Units: 2.0 graduate level extension credit(s) in semester hours
Who Should Attend: This course provides continuing education to K-12 teachers interested in becoming a teacher leader at their school or district, or eventually pursuing an administrative credential, and any educator in the state of California looking for CPACE exam preparation.
Course Materials: Text, The Learning Leader, by Douglas Reeves, available at your local bookstore or online at Amazon.com and text, California School Law, 3rd edition, by Frank Kemerer and Peter Sansom. (We recommend that you have the 3rd edition, but if you started the program with the 2nd edition, you can still complete work for this course with that version for a limited time.) This second book is available at your local bookstore, online at Amazon.com, or online from Stanford University Press. Note: the eBook does not include page numbers consistent with the course materials and other resources, so it is not recommended for long-term use. However, if you need immediate access to the materials, order the book from Stanford University Press and view the eBook until your copy arrives.Technical Requirements
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s), Professional Programs and Series
- Teacher Leader Certificate : Courses - Enroll in Individual Courses, or Earn a Certificate with Required Courses (10 Units)